Chapter 135

One week later...

Today's the haunted house game. Eluma prepared everything... with a reward every time he does something. Like, after each invitation sent, he'd want a kiss. If I did these by myself, it would've been easier!

*sigh* "The attendees should arrive any minute now."

The groups I made are top tier. But I won't participate. I'm the host, after all.

*knock knock*
"Yes?"
"Sis, it's me."
"Luka, come in."
*clack*
"What is it?"
"Is it true that we will be participating today?"
*nod*
"Why?!"
"Don't worry, you'll have fun."
"But I want to stay with you!"
*chuckle* *pats his head* "We can stay together afterwards, alright?"
"... Promise?"
"..."

To be honest, I have no idea what are Eluma's plans after the event is over, but...

"Promise."
"Hehehe."

I want to spend some time with Luka and mom, if possible. I've been so busy lately that I barely saw them.

"I have some work left before the start of the game, deal?"
*nod* "I'll meet you there."
"Okay."
"Bye!"
*waves*
*clack*
*sigh* "I don't want to see their faces to be honest. They make me sick."

Well, today will be a good day.

...

A few hours later, in the Academy's courtyard...

"Man, the decorations are amazing!"
"I know right?"
"Do you know who did all of this?"
"Well, Black Akari is the host, so Eluma is most likely behind everything."
"Wow. He's talented!"
"..."

I could do better.

*glance* "Yamel? Are you okay?"
"... Yes."
"I see."

He's not okay. Must be jealousy.

"Alright, I'll see you guys later."
"Estelle, where are you going?"
"I got something to do. I'll see you later."
*nod*
*leaves*
"Pretty weird-"
*mic turned on* 'Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to our first haunted house adventure!'
*applause*
'Tonight, we will be playing a thrilling Scavenger Hunt. You'll be paired into several duos, and each duo has to pick a random list of things that they have to find through various tasks.'
"Fair enough-"
'However, there's a twist. You have precisely ten minutes for each task. One extra second, and you will be eliminated.'
"What do we win tho?"
'The duo winning first place will earn a cash prize of four hundred dollars. The second-place team will receive two hundred dollars, and the third-place pair will be given a hundred dollars. On the other hand, the team finishing last will have to spend the whole night here in the Academy.'
"What?!"
"All night?!"
'Yes, and your participation is mandatory, as per the director's request.'
"... Black Akari."
"..."

I fuckin' hate this bitch. I don't even know why she's my sister.

'Before we start the game, Mrs. Black Akari would like to say a word.'
*approach*
*hands the mic*
'Thank you, Eluma. Well, hello everyone, and welcome again to this exciting game. It is a great pleasure to host this event, and I hope you will enjoy your time here-'
"Question. What if I don't want to participate?"
'... You will automatically be expelled from the Academy.'
"WHAT?! WHY-"
'Because these are the rules of the game.'
"And who made them?"
'I did.'
"..."
'Oh, and one more thing.'
"?"
*glare* 'Next time, do not interrupt me.'
*gulp*

This bitch. Monica really dared to cut me off like that? She's gonna pay for this.

'Now then, you will start by teaming up with your fellow partner, as per the table shown on the screen behind me.'
"... Wait a damn second."
"Yamel and Sally, Nick and Maria, Monica and Leo?"
"What's with these teams?!"
"Why am I not with Yamel?!"
"Hey! I'm also good!"
"It's not about the game, it's just that I want to be with my boyfriend."
"Ah, I see."
*murmur* "Annoying."
"!" *frown*

Who in the world does she think she is?

"Monica, it's fine. It's just a game."
"... If it was Black Akari, you would've done the impossible to be with her."
"!"

Is she serious right now?

*sigh* "Now's not the time for your jealousy."
"I am not jealous!"
"You are."
*glare* "Yamel, you're pissing me off."
"So are you."
"Hey! Cut it out!"
"You're fighting uselessly."
"Sally's right. Keep this energy for the game."
"Says the one who can't keep his girlfriend."
"Monica!"
"That's true. Can't you see how they both look at Eluma-"
"Enough!"
'Is everything alright there?'
"... Yes."
'Good.'
"Guys, stop it. Let's forget this conflict, and enjoy this night, shall we?"
"... By the way, where's Estelle?"
"She told us she has to leave."
"I know, but she should be back, right?"
"I mean her name isn't shown here, is it?"
"Maybe she got excused."
"Not fair!"
*sigh* "Let's go. The game is about to start."

I heard all the conversation. I expected every word they said. Now, let's see where are the others...

*glance*

Ah! There they are. Eluma joined them as well. I wonder what is their reaction.

"What do you mean I'm with Aster?!"
"Hey! You're acting as if you don't like it!"
"It's not that, but I wanted to with Diane."
"Well, I wasn't the one who made the teams."
"Diane, who are you with?"
"Luka."
"..."

Well, Blackie knew exactly what she was doing. If Eluma were the one to be paired with Diane, I would've asked him to switch. But I can't say anything to Luka.

"Wait, so if I'm with Hexy, and Luka is with Diane, this means..."
"Eluma and Eleanor."
"..." *gulp*
"Eluma, you're okay?"
"Yes."

No, I'm not. I never really talked alone with Blackie's mom. This is creeping me out.

"... Looks like the game will start."
*nod*
"Let's go."

Eluma doesn't seem happy. Well, I did this on purpose. Mom and Eluma never had a proper conversation alone, so she doesn't know much about him. Plus, I thought seeing Hexy and Aster after their fight last week would be fun, and Luka and Diane make a really good team, so I expect them to be between the three finalists.

"Well, I don't have many expectations from the rest of the students."

The difficulties that they will come across will be intense. I just hope one of these brats will lose. Well, even if they don't, they'll still be terrified.

'Alright everyone, it looks like all the teams are settled. Now, let the Scavenger Hunt begin!'
*applause*
*smirk*

And let the fun begin.