Chapter 24

"Hello Black Akari!"
"...Hello"
"So are you done with what you had to take care of?"
"...Yes"
"Great! I called the doctor a few minutes ago and he said he wants to talk to you in private"
"In private?"
"Yes. And he told us to give you this"
"A note?"

"Meet me tonight at the national football training ground at 8:00 P.M
-Charles"

"... Deal"
"What?? Blackie are you really going??"
"Yes. And you'll come with me."
"Huh? But Black Akari, he said he wants to talk to you alone."
"He did say that he wants to talk to me in private, but he never mentioned that nobody can come along and see me, did he?"
"Well, it makes sense but..."
"But what?"
"If Eluma is going with you, then we should all come along right?"
"No"
"What? Why?"
"Because Eluma's the only one I need"
"What about us?"
"Do you really think I need some humans with me? You will only bring me troubles and I don't have time for that so stop insisting before I turn you into a roasted chicken"
*gasp*
"Eluma, we have to go now."
"Ok"
*clack*
"Blackie, how will you deal with him now? Since I can't even be with you-"
"You don't have to be next to me"
"What do you mean?"
"That's what we will do..."

...

8:00 P.M, at the national football training ground

"You came"
"..."
"I saw you yesterday but it feels like one entire year since I last-"
"What do you want?"
"... I know who you are"
"What do you mean?"
"Don't play dumb, I know your identity. You're the princess of the demon world, the master of the sword of hexes, as well as the real queen of-"
"Shut up"
"What, do you not want to admit it? No matter how much you deny it, one day you'll have to take the crown-"
"I said shut up. I don't care about what you say or what I am, I want to know why did you call for me? If it was to tell me that you know who I am, then excuse me but I have other matters to take care of"
"But I didn't finish"
"..."
"I am here to tack you back to your father"

So Eluma was right, he indeed came all the way here just to bring me back. How pitiful.

"Do you really think that I'll come along?"
"I hope so"
"And what if I don't come?"
"Then we will have to fight, and I don't think you know me well so it would be really better if you can come with me without any complaints"
"I'm sorry but I have no intention of returning back, so if I were you, I would go now"
"I'm warning you for the last time-"
"I said no"
"... You asked for it"
*woosh*

What I saw was terrible. Sharp teeth that can bite iron and gold, long horns, nails over 2 cm in length ... it's just... unbelievable!!!

"So now, won't you come?"
"... If you want me, you have to kill me first."
"You're quite the stubborn type, aren't you?"
"..."
"I warned you."

...

Eluma's POV

It was something frightening. I couldn't believe my eyes. The moment he transformed; he ran in Blackie's direction. When he started to cast the spell, she stopped him with one of her spells. Her movements were much faster than his, but he was still one step ahead of her, because she still hasn't transformed. I want to help her, I want to fight by her side, I want to protect her, but she still hasn't call me, so I guess I have to wait. Suddenly they started to fight with their swords, but because I had a bad feeling about this, I unconsciously called out her name. Both Blackie and Charles turned their head towards me, but what happened next was the worst moment of my entire life...