Chapter 148

*approach* "So you really started a war."
"We warned you, didn't we?"
"You did, but..."
*woosh*
"!"
"So did I."
*glow*
"By Mystikai's name, let form transcend,
Shadow wields, a shape to bend.
From blade to beast, with magic untamed,
A transformation, forever claimed."
*Eluma transforms*
"Oh my God..."

Blood red eyes and smoky black hair with two strands of prismatic red. Black and red roses tattoo that goes from his left hand's fingers to his cheek. Cape that's black on the outside and red on the inside, dark grey long boots, with an eerie black sweater, a salopette and... a corset?! That's rare.

"Nice, but having a beautiful transformation does not make you powerful, you know?"
*smirk* "Oh trust me, I know."
"Enough with this-"
"Tell me, why?"
"Huh?"
"Why do you insist on me going with you? Why are you doing all this?"
"Because Mystikai-"
"ENOUGH WITH THIS!"
"!"
"YOU ALWAYS USE MYSTIKAI AS AN EXCUSE, BUT I KNOW THAT'S NOT THE REAL REASON! BE HONEST FOR ONCE AND TELL ME WHAT'S TRULY CAUSING ALL THIS MADNESS!"
"... Isn't it obvious?"
"We want the throne, dear."
"..."

I knew it.

"You were supposed to get married to my daughter, but unfortunately, your foolish heart fell for a girl you can't even marry without losing the crown, which would destroy our plans."
"Your departure would shatter the monarchy since you don't have any siblings and your parents changed the rules so only the immediate family can inherit the throne."
*clench* "So your intentions were never pure, were they?"
"HAHAHAHAHA!"
"Pure?!"
"What world do you live in?"
"In life, there's no such thing as 'pure intentions'."
"There is, but it's obviously not in your vocabulary."
"You-"
*woosh*
"!"
"My parents passed away when I was young, but I remember them speaking highly of you. They praised you endlessly, expressing gratitude for your presence in their lives. I never imagined you'd turn out like this." *teary*
"!"
"I'll make you pay for everything you've done, including deceiving them."
*glow*
"In the deep shadows, let the darkness rise,
With sword in hand, claim tonight's prize.
By the moonlight, its powers ignite,
A blade of darkness, fierce in might."
*sword appears*
*gasp*
"That's-"
*attacks*
"!"
*clang*
"HEY! YOU WERE ABOUT TO KILL ME-"
"Intentional. I told you I'll make you pay, didn't I?"
*grit* "Remember you were the one that started this. Boys, attack him!"
*attack*
*smirk* "Too slow."
"?!"
*kick*
*BAM*
"JESSY, JACKSON, WATCH OUT!"
"?!"
*SLASH SLASH*
"MY CHILDREN!!!!"
*attacks*
*turns* *smirk* "Not quite." *avoids*
"YOU-"
*SLASH*
"ANTHONY, MY BABY!!"
"YOU WILL PAY FOR KILLING OUR CHILDREN-"
"If you love them so much, how about joining them in hell?"
"?!"
*SLASH SLASH*
"DAMON, LIAM!!"
*attacks* "YOU BASTARD!" *punch*
*BAM* "Eugh!"
"Good job, William!"
*cough cough*
*grab* *kick*
*BAM*
*woosh*
"Brother, that's enough!"
"Alex?! What are you doing here?!"
"And how did you get out?! We locked you up with your daughters!"
"True, but luckily the magic restriction spell has faded, so we were able to escape. I rushed here as soon as I could."
"!"

I noticed he wasn't here, but I thought maybe he didn't want to involve his daughters. It turns out they really locked him up!

"You have to stop this war."
"And who are you to tell us what to do?!"
"You're just our dumb brother who loves his dear nephew."
*grit*
"I might be dumb, but I know that this throne is not ours."
"Oh, really?"
"Yes. The crown rightfully belongs to Eluma."
"So, we are discussing rights and laws now?"
"If so, then you should be rotting in jail along with your oldest daughter Ruby."
"What? Why?"
"Want us to say it?"
"No need, I will." *turns*
"?"
"Eluma, I'm sorry." *kneels*
"?!"
"What are you doing?!"
"Your parents' death wasn't an accident."
"... What do you mean?"
*woosh*
"I'm gonna say it."
"Ruby?! I told you to stay with your sisters!"
"They're old enough to take care of themselves, and I believe it's time for everyone to know the whole truth."
"DON'T YOU DARE!"
"ELUMA DESERVES TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!"
"Can someone please tell me what's going on?!"
"Your parents' death was partially my fault."
"... Eh?"
"The day they died, William hypnotized me and asked me to sabotage the carriage they were going to ride. I carried out his orders, causing them severe injuries. However, that wasn't the cause of their deaths. When we found out they were still alive, William beat them up in front of me, making it look like an accident, and threatened me into silence. I was young and naïve, and I didn't know what to do, so I stayed quiet, even when William shifted all the blame onto me. But when you returned and shared your plans, I realized it was time to come clean. I... I'm deeply sorry for everything." *kneels*
*silence*
*teary* "I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, and I understand that a death sentence awaits me once I return. But please spare my sisters and father. They're innocent. My dad acted out of fear that my uncles would report me. He always loved you and tried to prevent them from attacking."
"... William, is that true?"
"Dad, of course not-"
"Swear on your mother's name."
"..."
"SWEAR THAT YOU DIDN'T KILL MY BROTHER!"
"I, I can't..."
*freeze*
"Dad, I'm sorry-"
"I don't want to hear it."
"Please-"
"SHUT UP! ALL THOSE YEARS, I RESENTED MY NIECE FOR SOMETHING SHE DIDN'T DO. YOU KILLED MY BROTHER, AND FOR WHAT?! THE THRONE?! THE CROWN?! FUCK THEM BOTH!"
"Dad-"
"No. This time, you're on your own."
"WHAT?!"
"You did something unforgivable. I never thought my son would turn out to be a killer. I'm deeply disappointed."
*gasp*
"..." *gets up* *approach*
*tremble*
"... Ruby, uncle Alex, get up."
*get up*
"Lift your head."
"I, I don't deserve to look you in the eye."
"That's for me to decide."
"..." *lift*
*SLAP*
"!"
"RUBY-"
"Dad, don't defend me. I deserve much more than just a slap in the face."
"..."
"That's true, but your punishment will wait. However..." *turns*
*gasp*
"Yours won't."
"What?! That's not fair-"
*attacks* *punch*
*BAM*
"I'm just getting started."

A few moments later...

*cough cough* "I, I can't-"
*SLASH*
*gasp*
*turns to Adam* "I think you know what awaits you and Dylan now, don't you?"
"..." *nod*
"Alex."
"Yes?"
"Take them and go back with Ruby. They will stay in prison until I go back."
"What about her?"
"We'll talk about her punishment later."
"... Alright."
*woosh*
"... My whole life, I thought it was just an accident, but it was actually a murder. I can't believe it..." *crying*

Mom, dad, I can only imagine the pain you've endured. Right after the accident, you had to endure... being fatally attacked by your own nephew. It's still surreal to me that this has happened. I always knew that William was never in his right mind, but to do something like this is crazy behavior. Justice has been served, and he got what he deserved. His father and brother will rot in jail for life, but I have yet to decide what I will do with Ruby.

"I'll think about her sentence once I return. For now, I should go and help Blackie." *turns*

Wait, that's Kuro and...

*gasp* "ELEANOR, WATCH OUT!"