Chapter 62

A/N: Chapter 62 is from Eluma's POV

In Blackie's office, 2 years later...

It's been 2 years since Blackie left without a word. Since then, we didn't hear any news from her. We couldn't find her, even with my Black Magic. She probably placed a restriction that is powerful enough so that we can't even get a glimpse of her location. We don't know how she's doing. 'Is she alright and safe? Is she eating and sleeping well enough? When will she come back? Why did she make such a decision? Is it really a trip to find her brother? Or is she... is she gone forever? And lastly... why... why did she hug me? Was it on a whim?' I've been asking myself all these questions ever since she left, but I couldn't get an answer. The days feel like years when she's not here. I don't want her to return my feelings, nor to hug me again. All I want now is to see her. I want to see her beautiful face, hear her charming voice, see the colors of her dazzling eyes, and... I want to see her irresistible smile. Ever since she left, I've been feeling like giving up. And every time, I take out the letter and read it. But... even the letter can't help me anymore. I can't continue like this. Not seeing her is way more painful than any amount of work or pressure... that's why I took a decision.

*tok tok*
"Who is it?"
"It's me"
"... Come in, Hexy"
*clack*
"You okay?"
"... Yeah"
"..."

This guy has been depressed ever since Blackie left. He cries every night instead of sleeping, and he's not even eating well. I tried to cheer him up but... I'm not that good either, but well I'm still better than him.

"Eluma, today Monica came and talked to me"
"About what?"
"Her parents are asking about Blackie"
"... After all this time, they finally thought of asking about their daughter?"
"Well, we should've expected that anyway"
"Just tell them that she's doing well"
*nod*

As Blackie requested, we told her parents that she got a scholarship and went to study abroad for some time, but they didn't even care. All they said was 'good for her'. And regarding the others, well... their reaction wasn't any different, except for Yamel's one...

<flashback>
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S GONE?! WHY?!"
"... We don't know. She just left, without saying a word"
*grab* "DON'T JOKE WITH ME! I'M SURE YOU DID SOMETHING TO HER!"
"... Let go off me"
"YOU-!"
*glare*
"..." *let go*
"I did nothing to Blackie. She just left, and placed me as the director during her absence"
"WHAT? WHAT BULLSHIT IS THAT?!"
"... It's the truth"
"STOP LYING! SHE'D NEVER DO THAT!"
"If Black Akari really did that, then I'm sorry to say this, but she's really stupid-"
*slap*
"AH!" *falls on the floor*
"If I'm not wrong, your name is Nick, right?"
"Y, yes?" *gasp*
*intense glare* "If you ever dare to badmouth Blackie ever again, I'll cut off your tongue. You understand?"
*tremble*
*kick*
"OUCH!"
"Understand?"
"Y, yes, yes! I understand!"
"The same goes for all of you. Anyone who dares to badmouth Blackie, will have to face the consequences."
*gasp*
*turn*
<end of flashback>

I can't believe he called her like that. If it wasn't for Blackie, who wants to make them suffer, I would've ended him right away.

"Eluma"
"?"
"What do you intend to do?"
"About what?"
"Tomorrow"
"Ah"

Tomorrow... it's my birthday. I'll be 17.

"You're organizing a banquet, right?"
*nod*
"And you'll announce your decision on that day?"
"Yes"
"... Eluma"
"?"
"Are you sure?"
"... Yes. I can't continue like this anymore."
"..." *sigh*

Well, I doubt you'll get better anyway.

...

The next day...

"Happy birthday Eluma!"
"... Thanks"
*sigh* "You should really be a little happy. It's your 17th birthday after all!"
"... Another birthday without Blackie"
*sigh* "Anyway, you better get ready. The banquet will start soon"
"... I don't want to go"
"What?"
"I'm not going"
"Oh, but you have to" *pull*
"Wait! What are you doing?!"
"Since you don't want to go, I'll take you"
"You-!"
"Shh! Not a word"
"..."
"Good boy"

I don't know why, but I'm feeling happier than usual.

...

At night, in the banquet hall of the Academy...

"Wow~"
"I never saw such a big banquet hall"
"I didn't even know there was one in the Academy."
'Her Majesty is now entering'
*applause*
"Thank you everyone!" *smile*
"Wow, she's a real beauty"
"She looks totally pure as well"
"Indeed"

Totally pure? In this world, everyone has a wicked side. It's just that either she doesn't want to show it, or she didn't discover it yet.

'The director of the Academy, Eluma Takami, is now entering'
*applause*
"... Thank you, Hexy."
*bow*
"Your attention everyone. I organized this banquet today for a special reason other than my birthday. I decided..." *teary*
*pat on the shoulder* *in a low voice* "Do you want me to say it?"
*shake*
*sigh* "As you want"
"I've been thinking about it for a long time, and as you can see, the real director of this Academy, Black Akari, has gone missing for 2 years. And as her substitute, I'm afraid that I won't be able to handle everything on my own anymore. So I decided that... today, at 12 A.M, I will officially close the Academy"
*silence*
"WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN CLOSE THE ACADEMY???!!!"
"YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT???!!!"
"Eluma dear, what are you talking about?! Why didn't you tell me?"
"I sent a formal letter to the castle, but I didn't get any reply, so I thought that you accepted it"
"Ah..."
"I'm sorry I had to tell you this before the banquet even starts, but I had to do it. And I'm not changing my mind-"
"My, my~ Now you're taking decisions on your own?"
"!"