Chapter 86

In Blackie's office...

"I have to say, you did an excellent job"
"Thanks"
"But what did you tell him? He looked angrier than usual when he saw Eluma"
"... That he's better than him"
"!"
"Wow! That was intense"
"... I know. I have to work now, can you leave?"
"Oh, okay"
"Then I'll leave as well-"
"No, you stay here Eluma"
"!"
"Alright, see you"
*nod*
*clack*
"Blackie, what is it?"
"..."

I don't know why I told him to stay.

"Can you help me with the work?"
"Oh, sure!"
*working*
*stare*
*glance* "What is it?"
"Ah, eum, nothing"

She really becomes more beautiful day by day. I wish I could hug her now... but I doubt she'll accept.

"Blackie..."
"Hm?"
"... Can I hug you?"
"!"
"If I can't it's-"
"Alright"
"!" *stop*
"What is it?"
"It's just..."

I did not expect her to accept this easily.

"Well, it's only a hug, so I don't really mind"

Since he asked me to do it, I doubt he'd do anything without my permission.

"... Just a hug..."
"?"

For her, it's just a hug, but for me... it's an opportunity.

*gets up* *approach* *hug*
"!" *badump*
"Blackie"
"... What?"
*let go* "... You do know I love you"
"!"
"Always remember that" *kiss her hair*
*freeze*
"Even if you don't like me, nothing will change with the fact that you're the only one for me, and that I'll always love you and stay by your side"
"..."
"Well then, I'll take the documents and work in my office. See you"
*clack*
*blush* *badump badump* "What in the world was that?! Did he really have to tell me that now?!"

Outside...

*blush* "Seriously, I really can't control myself around her"

Telling her that I love her out of nowhere! She did not even know what to answer. I just hope she's not angry... but I'm still glad I told her. I don't think she likes me, but I hope that things will change soon, because I can't keep on living like this. I want her to be my girlfriend. Mine, and only mine. I know that what I'm saying is crazy, and I will never force her to do anything, but that doesn't change the fact that I really want her to be mine. If she ever finds out about this feeling, she might leave me forever. Though...

"I wonder why she accepted this easily"

...

The next day, in the training ground...

*slash slash*
"You're getting better and better by the day, Blackie. I'm really proud"
"Thanks, Hexy"

That's right. Now's not the time to think about what happened yesterday. I have to work harder for Diane's sake.

"Let's take a pause"
"What?! No, I-"
"I'm tired"
"Ah, I see"
*sits on the ground* "So"
"?"
"How's Diane?"
"She's fine. Recently she's been training as well, saying that this will also help me."
"I see. I'm glad" *relieved*
"Huh?"
"Ah, well, I'm glad she's okay because, you know, she's my colleague and your companion, so I will surely be worried if something happened to her"
"Hm..."

Looks like someone has a crush on Diane. Well, she is indeed someone lovable, so it's no wonder that he fell for her. I just hope that his love will be reciprocated.

"Blackie"
"?"
"What happened yesterday?"
"Yesterday?"
"Yes, after I left. What happened between you and Eluma"
"..."
"?"
"Nothing."
"... I see"

I'm sure something happened since she didn't immediately reply.

"Anyway, what happened to Yamel?"
"He's still at the hospital. After doing all the exams, they find out that there was a slightly displaced fracture, so the doctor manipulated the pieces back to their proper positions. Then they applied a splint, and now he has to stay in bed for 6 weeks"
"Wow! Well that's great"
"Yes. Now Monica's totally depressed. She's barely sleeping"
"Isn't she overreacting? I mean yes, he broke his leg, but it's not like he won't be able to walk forever"
"That is what you call an obsessive love"
"Ah, well, I guess you're right"
"But this is better and better. I'm indirectly making her suffer. If she wants to be the girlfriend of a guy like him, she'll have to pay the price, and suffer as much as he does. Being my enemy was her biggest mistake"
"That's true, but don't forget the others."
"... Well, they are also in pain because of Yamel, but this is nothing compared to what I want. And for some reason, Maria and Sally are not breaking up with Leo and Nick."
"Maybe they're waiting for the two of you to 'break up' or to at least drift apart"
"... No, something's missing"
"What do you mean?"
"When you're obsessed with someone, you wouldn't just wait until they are free. And up until now, they did not hurt me at all. I don't understand them anymore"
"What if they are not convinced that the two of you are a couple?"
"... What do you mean?"
"I mean that if they're not sure about whether you are together or not, they won't do any move and take the risk of losing their boyfriends. If they find out that you two are faking, they will obviously leave Leo and Nick and go for Eluma. And if they believe that the two of you are dating, they will secretly start hurting you or try to separate you from Eluma. Of course, the first case is way better, but it's not convenient regarding Yamel and Monica."
"So what do you suggests? I can't wait anymore."
"You can show them how much you 'love' Eluma"
"... How?"
"You can flirt with him, spend time together, go on dates in front of them. This way they will start getting jealous and try to hurt you, and once they do something terrible, and Eluma 'finds out' what they did, he will expose them in front of Leo and Nick, and it will be the end."
"... They might become insane after that"
"Who cares? They can't do anything to us, so you don't need to worry."
"You're right."
"All you have to do now is to flirt with him. Easy"
*mutter* "... Not really"
"Huh?"
"Nothing."
"... Blackie, can I ask you one last thing?"
"What?"
"You do like Eluma, don't you?"
"?!"

Why is everyone asking me the same question lately...

"... No, I don't"
"Are you sure?"
"... I never thought about it, and I don't want to"

Rather, I can't love him.

*sigh* "Well, it's your choice"
"..."

I can't do the same mistake as before. Falling in love... is not something that should be on my mind right now.

"Anyways, you should go and tell him now"
"... Alright. I'll tell him and come back. You can wait for me here if you want"
"Nah, I'll come with you"
"As you wish"
*woosh*