Chapter 65

In Blackie's office...

*BAM*
"BLACKIE!"
"... Can't you at least knock before entering? I'm the middle of-"
*hug*
"!"
"I missed you, I missed you so much!"
*sigh* *pat*
"!" *blush*
"Calm down... and let go off me"
"Ah, sorry" *let go*
"How was everything? It was quite hard, wasn't it?"
"... It wasn't hard but-"
"BLACKIE!"
"... Hello, Hexy-"
*hug*
"!"
"Please don't leave again like this"
*sigh* *pat* "I won't"
*let go*
*sits on the table* "Now, tell me everything. What happened while I was away?"
"... Nothing much"
"What do you mean 'nothing much'? I've been away for 2 years"
"Well, nothing really happened. At first, it was hard for everyone to take your absence, but most of us got used to it."
"Most of you?"
"Yes. Eluma-"
"Hexy!"
"Eluma and I couldn't really get used to it, especially him"
*glance*
"We took care of the work, and taught in your stead. Regarding your parents, we told them that you got a scholarship and went to study abroad for some time. And we filled a file of absence for you, so that you can continue your studies with us if you come back while we're still at school. And regarding the others..."
"?"
"Yamel didn't really like the fact that you left, unlike Monica and the others, who were quite happy"
"What about Maria and Sally?"
"They've been sticking at Eluma all the time, but they still didn't break up with Leo and Nick"
"Why?"
"Who knows, maybe they need to see that if they don't break up with them, Eluma will be taken away"
"... Okay, this will be easy now. How about the students in our school?"
"Monica and the others tried to gain their population back, but they couldn't, since we came in whenever they tried to talk to someone"
"Did they forget about me?"
"No, since we did talk about you from time to time"
"So, in short, you were able to handle everything on your own"
"Yes, but we do have some questions"
"?"
"Why did you leave without telling us? Why couldn't we reach you? How were you able to find your brother? How were you able to reach the third transformation? And is the girl with you really the holder of the power of the Diamond?"
"Why did you hug me and then left on my birthday?"
"And what are you planning to do now?"
"... You guys sure do have a lot of questions, don't you? Okay, I'll answer. I left without telling you because I honestly couldn't bring myself to tell you, so I left at dawn. You couldn't reach me since I casted a spell on myself to block any contact with you, because I knew that you'd go and stop me if you ever find me. Regarding my brother... I spent one entire year searching for him. I went to all the dimensions, but it was impossible. That's when Diane appeared, and I reached the transformation of the Stars. She helped me a lot during the rest of my trip. Because of her, I was able to surpass my brother's power, and I located him. Though it wasn't a precise location, I knew at least that he was not in CelestiaLand. In fact, he was in the castle of the Fairy Forest"
"The Fairy Forest?! But it doesn't belong to this Land anymore!"
"That's right. And since we came back here, it took us 6 months to arrive there. Once we arrived, we weren't really welcomed, but luckily Luka came out and recognized me right away. We stayed there for a few days, and then came back"
"... Well, it was quite a hard trip"
"Yes well, it was worth it. Regarding Diane, yes. She is the holder of the power of the Diamond. Unlike her looks, she's quite powerful, though she always calls me 'master'"
"Hmph!"
*sigh* "And for the hug, it was just on a whim. So don't worry, I won't do it again"
"Ah..."

I want you to do it again, though.

"And I didn't leave on your birthday because I wanted to. In fact, I wanted to leave way earlier, but I waited for the renovations to be over. Plus, I was able to at least wish you a happy birthday."
"... I see"
"Lastly, Hexy, you asked me what I am planning to do now"
*nod*
"Well, I will first go back to the human world and take care of everything regarding the school. After that, I'll come and bring my mother back"
"What? How?!"
"That is something that I will take care of. So you do not need to worry about it"
"Ah, okay"
"And what will you do next"
"Since I finally found my brother, I'll go back to my objective"
"That's great. What about training?"
"?"
"Since now you have this girl, 'Diane', I bet you don't need me anymore, right?"
"Hexy, you're always needed. Diane's power is indeed strong, but I'll always need you"
"... Promise that you won't abandon me"
*sigh* "I promise"
*smile*
"By the way, Blackie"
"?"
"Your brother... he's reincarnated as well, right? But how come he's physically younger than you?"
"After reincarnating, he decided to keep his appearance until we meet, thinking that I might not recognize him or something. Now that we're together, he'll grow up again"
"Oh, I see. But he's quite... overprotective, isn't he?"
*frown* "... So what?"
"N, no, it's just that I was a little surprised" *panic*
*sigh* "He's been like this ever since our past life"
"Wait, does that mean that you remember everything?!"
"I do remember my life with him, but I can't remember my relation with my parents, how I was as a princess, if we were happy or not and the reason why my mom left and I reincarnated myself. All of these questions are still without answers. Even while on our way back, I was too busy making sure that we come back safely, and I didn't want to bring up this subject. So I'll talk to him about it once we bring our mother back"
"And when are you planning to do so?"
"As soon as I can. But for now, I want to stay alone"
"No!"
"... No?"
"Please, Blackie. I don't want you to stay alone. What if... what if you-"
"Eluma, I said it earlier. I'm not leaving anymore. Do you not believe me?"
"It's not it. I do believe you, but-"
"Then listen to what I'm saying, and leave me alone"
"... As you wish"
*clack*
*sigh*

During my trip, I couldn't really sort out my feelings. I thought that since I'm far away from Eluma, I'll be able to figure out if I... if I love him or not. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. I did miss him, and I did feel that a something broke inside me, but I'm sure that this is not love. Nevertheless, I cannot deny the fact that I am interested in him. Well in any case, I don't have time to such things, and even if I did develop feelings for him, I don't want to engage myself in that sort of relationship. So it'd be better if I distant myself from Eluma for the time being, and try to forget my interest in him.

"Yeah, that is the best thing to do. For now, I should go the human world"