Chapter 107

On the island, day 1...

"Okay, so first we have to build a hut-"
"I already told you, each one of us will work alone!"
"Luka, we already talked about this. I know we're not friends-"
"I don't like you!"
*sigh* "I know that you don't like me, but we can't be separated here. What if something happens to one of us? We can't use any magic!"
"Nothing will happen to me, because I can fight even without magic. And you getting hurt or not isn't my problem. So leave me alone." *leaves*
*sigh* "Looks like I'll be on my own then. I should start searching for some woods"

Meanwhile, with Luka...

"This guy is so damn annoying! Who does he think he is?! He might be older than me, but that doesn't give him the right to boss me around."

Wait a second...

"Now that I think about it... how do we build a hut? I've never done that without magic before-"
*clack*
"?!"

W, what's that sound?!

*slowly approach* "Who's here- AH!"
"AH!"
"You... you scared me!"
"What?! I didn't do anything!"
"Yes, you did!"
"What are you doing here?"
"I, well..."
"?"
"... The hut"
"You don't know how to do one?"
"What?! You wish! I obviously know!"
"Really? Then how do you do it?"
"I, it's none of your business!"
*chuckle* "You know, it's okay to ask for help, and there's no shame in not knowing something."
"What-"
"I can help you with it if you want, or we can both work on a single one. This way, we'll be able to make a better one"
"..."
"What do you think?"
"... It will be the only thing that we'll be doing together"
"Alright. Let's get started then. Can you please bring me some woods? I'll bring some leaves in the meantime."
*nod*

I have to give in on this one. Plus, I really want to know why he's loved by my sister.

...

Few hours later...

"And done! That was a lot of work"
*nod* "Now I'm leaving"
"Huh? To where?"
"We already said that we will only be doing the house together!"
"Ah, yes."

I wanted to get closer to him, but he barely talked during the construction.

*sigh* "Well, I'm really hungry, and it'll be sunset, so I better start searching for food." *goes into the woods*

It's a really big island. I can't go too far, or else I'll be lost, and I doubt that Luka will search for me. He'd actually be happy about it.

"Anyways, there's enough food for 3 days, but we have to be careful. We don't want to end up without any food in the end- oh! There's a banana tree! And a mango one as well!"

Today's my lucky day!

"I should bring some for Luka, in case he didn't find any."

Meanwhile, with Luka...

"Damn it, I'm hungry, and there's no way I'm going into the woods alone. But if I don't, I'll sleep hungry for sure, and I won't ask Eluma for help!"

No way. Even if I have to stay hungry for the next 2 days, I won't ask for his help.

"That's right! I don't need him!"

Few minutes later...

"... Luka? What is it?"
*fidget with his fingers* "Eum... well..."
"Is something wrong? Do you need my help?"
"Me?! No way!" *stomach growls* *gasp*
*chuckle* "You're hungry?"
"What? No, I just-"
*hands over 3 bananas and a mango* "Here, take these"
"... But if I take them, you'll only have 2 bananas left"
"It's enough for me. Plus, it's getting dark, so you can't go in the forest."
"..." *cuts the mango in half*
"?!"
"Here, take half of it" *hands over*
*takes* "Thank you, but..."
"?"
"Did you just cut a mango with your bare hands without destroying it completely?"
"Yep, I'm the best I know. Did you doubt me?"
"No, of course I never doubted you."

They are indeed siblings. He truly can be scary sometimes.

"Can we eat? I'm hungry!"
*nod*

...

30 minutes later...

"Thanks for the food"
"You're welcome. But you should go to sleep."
"First, you don't tell me what to do! I'm not a kid anymore. And second, you're not coming with me?"
"... I thought you didn't want to see me before you sleep. Plus, it's safer if one of us stays awake a little bit"
"... I'm starting to understand why my sister loves you so much"
"... Eh? What do you mean-"
"Good night"
"What? Wait!"
*goes in the hut*
"What the hell was that about?!"

What does he mean by "loves me so much"?! Is he messing with me? Or she loves me as her friend? WHY DID HE EVEN SAY THIS?! Damn it! Now there's no way I'll be able to sleep!

"Well, I might as well watch over the house since Luka is sleeping"