Chapter 149

Meanwhile...

*approach* "We meet again."
*gets up* "It's good to see you-"
"Cut the crap. It's annoying."
*chuckle* "You're just like me when I was your age."
"I'm nothing like you."
"Really? That's not what your kill count says."
*glare*
"Ayo, don't look at me like that! I'm almost scared."
"You'll be scared for your life once I end you."
"Pft, you're so delusional."

HE'S PISSING ME OFF.

"You should leave before it's too late."
"Without you? Never."
"Why?!"
"Because-"
"I want the truth only."
"I want your powers, obviously."
"Then why not try and take them now?!"
"It's not that easy. For your powers to be fully unlocked, you have to become Queen."
"..."
"So let's go back-"
"Not in a million years."
"Girl, you're stubborn as hell!"
"So are you."
"That's not a way to talk to your father."
*smirk* "I don't even consider you as my father anymore."
"You're such an ungrateful brat. After everything I've done for you!"
"... Everything you've done for me?"
"Yes! I offered you an incredible childhood, ensuring you had everything you needed. There was nothing you asked for that you didn't receive. Yet here you are, bluntly telling me that you deny me being your father."
"Oh, really? Then, do you remember my birthday?"
"Hein? That's random."
"Answer me."
"October 3rd!"
"Wrong."
"December 10th!"
"Wrong."
"August 15th?"
"You're the worst father."
"HEY-"
"YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MY BIRTHDAY!"
"Whatever, this doesn't mean anything."
"IT DOES! AND IF THAT'S NOT THE CASE FOR YOU, THEN CAN YOU TELL ME ONE TIME WHERE YOU ACTUALLY HELPED ME DURING MY CLASSES? OR WHEN I NEEDED HELP WITH MY HOMEWORK? OR IN LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE?"
"Well..."
*tremble* "Of course you can't. Because you were never here. You were never fuckin' here when I needed you. And money definitely does not replace the presence of a father."
"..."
"My childhood was a journey of bullying, pain and self-reliance because of you, your decisions and your absence."
"... It doesn't matter now. I'll get your powers, regardless of your opinion."
"I'd love to see you try."
*gasp* *turns*
*huff huff* "Mom, wait! You're too fast!"
"What are you two doing here-"
"Eleanor."
"Kuro."
*turns* *glare* "Don't even think about coming near her."
"That's none of your business, Blackie."
"It is-"
"Sweetie, it's fine. We have a lot to talk about anyways."
"..."
"Eleanor, I missed you."
"Really? Because I didn't."
"Why?! What did I do to deserve this?!"
"What did you do? You want me to say it out loud?! Fine then! You cheated on me years ago; you were about to start a war, which led to me staying in prison and not seeing my children for years; you tormented and traumatized them; and now, you put everyone in danger because of your desire for Blackie's powers. Yet, you dare ask me what you did?!"
"I already apologized for the cheating!"
"DO YOU REALLY THINK AN APOLOGY CAN ERASE YOUR ACTIONS?!"
"!"

That's the first time I've seen mom scream like that.

"I ENDURED ALL THE HUMILIATIONS AND CRITICISM BECAUSE OF YOU. I ACCEPTED THE LABEL OF CONCUBINE BECAUSE OF YOU, EVEN THOUGH I WAS YOUR WIFE. WE EVEN LIED TO OUR CHILDREN BECAUSE OF YOU. AND WHAT DID I GET IN THE END? CHEATED ON, LIED TO, BETRAYED, AND IMPRISONED. ALL OF THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE I LOVED YOU!"
"..."
"Our story was never real. It was based on lies because you were ashamed of me and my powers. And even if you want to consider that our love was real, it ended long ago. We were over the moment you cheated on me, if not before."
"BUT I STILL LOVE YOU! AND I KNOW YOU LOVE ME TOO! SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO PRETEND LIKE WE HATE EACH OTHER AND SUFFER LIKE THAT-"
"SUFFER?! YOU'RE SUFFERING?! I WENT THROUGH HELL BECAUSE OF YOUR CRUELTY, AND YOU SUFFERED BECAUSE I REFUSED TO BE A PAWN IN YOUR HANDS?! AND TO SETTLE FOR A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE YOU?!"
"!"
"Keep in mind that I don't love you; I despise you. I hate you for being cruel to me, my children and your kingdom as a whole. I hate you for thinking I was an easy woman to play with, even though you know damn well that I am not to be messed with."
"..."
"Move on, Kuro. Forget me, forget Blackie, forget Luka, and go live your life-"
"Never."
"... What?"
"I'll never give up on you, Eleanor."
"... If I were to go with you-"
"Don't even think about it, mom. I will never, ever allow that."
"Sissy's right."
"... Then..."
*woosh*
"?!"