CHAPTER 41 (LUAN MANOBAN)

LISA'S POV

I handled the paperwork that had to be arranged for our adoption of Luan while Jennie was in the mansion, she was still trying to get Mom’s heart and I just let her because that’s what she wanted. She wakes up early to cook breakfast and she also waters the plants in the garden, and I think Mom somehow sees Jennie’s effort. I'm sure they just need to talk, so Jennie can explain everything to my mom, and I'm sure Mom will understand her.

I have already talked to Ms. Pat about Luan's adoption ever since Jennie and I came here, I knew Jennie was serious when she told Luan that when we came back he would be with us. I actually wanted to adopt Luan, but I still had too many things to fix, so I didn't do it before.

"Everything is fine, Pran. You only have a few papers to sign then you can pick up Luan" Ms. Pat said when we entered the office.

She handed me the papers and I signed them, “Thank you so much Ms. Pat, I’m sure Jennie will be happy,” I smiled as I handed her the papers after I signed it.

"I'm glad Luan will have a family" I noticed the tears at the corner of her eyes, and I understood how she felt. She love all the kids here, so she wants the children to have their own families as much as possible.

"We will take care of and love Luan as much as you love him, Ms. Pat" I answered her, and her tears kept dripping, but she immediately wiped it away.

She stood up and adjusted her clothes, "Come on Pran, I'm sure Luan is waiting for you" We left the office and went to the children's room, and when they saw me they immediately greeted me with a hug.

"Bud" Luan called me with a smile, his backpack was already tucked behind him, and he was dragging his small suitcase. "Where's mommy Princess?" He asked when he could get close to me.

"She's at home, are you excited?" I asked him, Jennie didn’t know that I was going to take Luan today, I told her that I just had to go to the company.

Luan excitedly nodded and I took his small suitcase, "Say goodbye to your friends" I said, when he looked at his friends he seemed to cry.

"Don't cry, Luan. Isn't this what you want? You're going to have your own family and you should be happy" Miggy approached him and hugged him. The other children also approached Luan to hug him and he cried even more.

"Visit us here more often Luan, let's play again" Samsam said while hugging Luan. He nodded, and wiped away his tears.

I also said goodbye to the children and to Ms. Pat. I also left a small donation for the children and for the renovation of their playground.

"Be careful, Pran" Ms. Pat and the kids waved at us when we got in the car.

"I'll miss you!" Luan shouted while waving his hand as well.

I closed the window and adjusted Luan's seatbelt. "Your Mommy Princess will be happy when she sees you" I told him while smiling.

While on our way I noticed him looking out the window, maybe he was wondering if we were about to get to the mansion. "Would you like us to buy ice cream first?" I asked while driving.

He just shook his head, "I'm excited to see Mommy Princess" He replied smiling. "Is your house big, Bud?" He asked me.

"Yes" I looked at him and his smile widened even more.

"Like a Palace?" He asked cheerfully.

"Not as big as the Palace but with a Queen and Princess, and there's also a swimming pool" His eyes widened and he put his hand over his mouth.

"Are we close to your house?" He asked and looked out the window again. I laughed because he seemed to want to get out of the car.

"Here we are" I replied. I entered the car at the gate and parked it right opposite the mansion. I got out of the car and was greeted by the security guards and maid. "Please get the child's belongings" I ordered them and opened the door for Luan.

He looked around in shock with a smile on his lips, my heart softened at what I saw, he was so happy. "Let's go inside" I took his hand and we went inside, he smiled and waved at the maids who greeted us.

"Lisa" I heard my Mom call to me as she came down the stairs. "You didn't tell me you were going to adopt a child" She said seriously, I also didn't tell her that I had already proposed to Jennie.

"Mom—," I was cut off when she looked at Luan.

"Come here baby" She motioned for Luan to come over to her.

Luan looked at me so I smiled, "She's your grandma" I said and he smiled too before approaching Mom.

"What's your name?" Mom asked him.

"I'm Luan, grandma" Luan replied smiling and they seemed to be close to each other, but I wondered why she wasn't angry. I didn't tell her I was going to adopt because I knew she wouldn't agree with my decision.

"Your name is Luan Manoban, remember that" Mom said and kissed him on the cheek.

"Where's Mommy Princess?" Luan asked her and Mom looked at me as if she was asking who Mommy Princess was.

"It's Jennie" I replied.

She turned her gaze back to Luan, "I think she's upstairs, do you want to go there?" Luan nodded and Mom looked at me again.

"Let's go Luan, we're going to Mommy Princess" I called to him.

"Come down here later, I'll bake cookies" Mom said, and went straight to the kitchen. I followed her gaze because I wondered what she was doing.

Did something happen while I was away?

Luan pulled the hem of my shirt so I looked at him, we went upstairs and when we got to the bedroom door I knocked and slowly opened the door.

"Mommy Princess!" Luan immediately ran closer to Jennie when he saw it.

"Luan!" Jennie was shocked when Luan hugged her and she looked at me.

"You didn't tell me that you're going to take Luan" She said and pouted. I smiled because she was cute.

"It's a surprise" I answered and walked closer to them.

This isn't a dream, right? I now have a family of my own with the woman I dreamed of being with.

"Love, thank you" I heard Jennie say as she hugged me.

"Anything for you, my love" I replied to her.

I am happy that little by little I am filling in my shortcomings with Jennie, when it comes to her all my decisions are sure and even one I have no regrets about them.

When was the last time I felt this kind of happiness?

To be continued~

A/n: I was supposed to update yesterday but I seem to have lost the urge to write when I found out the news. Let's pray for Lisa's fastest recovery. 🙏

I also hope you guys are doing well. Please keep safe and always take care of yourself.