CHAPTER 12 (FLASHBACK)

IRENE'S POV

We went to the bar and found Jennie sitting in a high chair at the bar counter. She was holding a glass but was already bent over and appeared to have consumed a large amount of alcohol.

"How long has she's been here?" I inquired of the bartender.

"I think it was almost an hour, ma'am, she drank a lot as well" The gentleman's courteous response.

I put my hand on Jennie's arm. "Let's go home, Jen" I parted her hair, which had been obscuring her face.

She slowly opened her eyes. "Irene unnie" She whispered.

"Yes, it's me, we will take you to your apartment okay?" I held her hand.

She shook her head. "Lisa wasn't there, she didn't want to return home, unnie" Her eyes welled up with tears. I didn't say anything and simply watched her cry. "She doesn't want me anymore, and she no longer loves me" She said while crying, I caressed her back.

"Sshhh stop crying Jen, let's talk about that later, but first we need to go home"

For a few minutes, she didn't say anything, so I just hugged her. I just witnessed Jennie cry again, and I'm not sure how to comfort her.

"Jen, if you don't want to go to your apartment, you can stay with us for the night" She was informed by Seulgi.

I'm not sure whether she understands what we're saying because she simply shakes her head and says she doesn't want to go home.

"I'll look after her" I was surprised when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Manoban?" Seulgi was the first to speak. I shifted my gaze to Lisa. She's wearing a brown hoodie jacket and denim pants.

What brought her here?

"No, Lis, we're taking her home with us" I respond to her.

"Irene, let me take her home" She was going to lift Jennie when I interrupted her.

"Please Lisa! I know you've moved on and this is nothing for you but Jennie hasn't been able to move on yet, I hope you help her! She loves you so much Lisa but don't act like nothing happened, don't make her feel like you're coming back even if it's not!" I felt my tears welling up, but I wiped them away immediately.

Other people inside the bar noticed us, the two bouncers also approached but Seulgi spoke to them right away.

Instead of listening to what I said, Lisa lifted Jennie out of the Bar. I would have followed them but Seulgi stopped me.

"Let's not mess with them" She said as she stared at the door where Lisa and Jennie exited.

My forehead furrowed as she said. "Are you serious about what you're saying Seul?"

"Manoban was well aware of what she was doing" Seulgi added and I did nothing as she took my hand out of the bar.

We didn’t see Lisa and Jennie in the parking lot until we got to our car.

For the second time I entrusted my friend to you, don't make her cry, even just for now Lisa.

LISA'S POV

"Bring me down!" She slapped my back because I lifted her up like she was a sack of rice.

I dropped her off in the dark part of the parking lot where my car was parked.

"What are you doing here?! I don't need you!" She slapped my chest and I just let her vent her anger.

"You are so unfair Lisa! I waited for you, I waited for you to come back!" She said while crying.

Fuck! It hurts me to see her crying.

I hugged her but she keeps pushing me away so I hugged her even tighter.

"You're so unfair Lisa, You said, I'm the only one you will marry, you promised me and until now I still hold on to those promises. I didn't leave the apartment because I hope that maybe one day you will come back, maybe one day you'll realize that you still love me" She doesn't stop crying.

I love you Jen and I still do, but I also love her and I know it's too unfair if I choose you over her, I can't hurt the person who made me feel that I'm more important than anyone else.

"Don't wait for me" That was all I had to say, and I hope she understood what I was trying to say in those four words.

"Don't do this to me" She tightened her hug on me as if she didn’t want to lose me.

The hug that I wanted to feel before.

---

Lisa cooked dinner and almost everything she cooked was Jennie's favorite, she wanted to surprise her girlfriend because today is their second anniversary, she didn't text Jennie because she knew her home time. Everything is fine, the food is ready on the table, a candle in the middle of it and a bouquet of flowers. She had been waiting for a few minutes and Jennie was coming so she lit the candle in the middle of the table and took out the bottle of wine she had just bought. A simple celebration for an special occasion. Lisa kept her smile on her lips, knowing that Jennie would love it.

After an hour, Jennie had not arrived, so she called Jennie's secretary, who informed her that Jennie had left the office earlier.

"Maybe it was just traffic" Lisa said to herself.

She had been waiting for four hours, the food she had cooked was also cold, and the candle she had lit had melted. She decided to put the food away, she looked at her phone but there was no message from Jennie. She put all the food in the refrigerator then sat on the couch to wait and turned on the TV so as not to fall asleep quickly until she did not realize that she was asleep.

Lisa woke up to the sound of the doorbell, she looked at the time on her phone. It was 11:30 pm, suddenly she remembered that Jennie hadn't come home yet so she quickly got up and ran to the door. She immediately opened it and the woman she had been waiting for appeared.

"Sorry love I came home late, there's a lot of paper work in the office" Jennie said to her and kissed her on the cheek. Jennie went inside and she followed.

I thought she left the company early?

"It's okay love, let's eat?" She was about to go to the kitchen when Jennie spoke.

"You just ate love, I already eat at the office earlier and now I'm going to rest" Jennie dropped her bag on the couch and entered the bedroom.

Lisa just shrugged and didn't speak.

Maybe she was just tired.

---

When I went inside, I immediately saw a picture of the two of us on the wall

When I went inside, I immediately saw a picture of the two of us on the wall. That was the time when we were so happy.

This is one of the reasons why I don’t want to come back here anymore. The memories are too painful.

- I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember. 

To be continued~