CHAPTER 17 (LUCAS)

JENNIE'S POV

I was woken up by the sunlight coming from the window, and I felt lighter than I had been the day before. I got out of bed, washed my face, and walked out of the room, noticing that the living room was tidy and that the mess I had left last night had vanished.

I could hear kitchen utensils clanking and smelled the aroma of cooking from whoever was inside at the time. I entered the kitchen slowly to see who was preparing the meal. Jisoo unnie was on my mind because she had stated she would return this morning, but I was taken aback when I saw who's the woman in front of me was. I pinch myself to ensure I'm not hallucinating and blink my eyes several times because I can't believe what I'm seeing.

I quietly smiled as I stared her back.

This is something I missed.

I missed her being the first person I saw when I woke up in the morning, I wanted to hug her as I always did, but I restrained myself. I can't move from where I'm standing, all I want to do is keep an eye on her since I know what's going on isn't permanent. When I saw her in front of me last night I thought I was just dreaming, but...

Wait, does that mean she didn't come home? Where did she sleep? She said then that she didn't want to sleep on the couch anymore, did she sleep next to me?

I shuddered and smiled because of my thoughts and I didn't realize that she was looking at me.

"Have you been there before?" She asked.

I shook while smiling. She seemed surprised at me so she asked again.

"Why are you smiling?" Her forehead was furrowed.

I shook again. "Nothing" I answered.

I sat in the chair and didn’t tell her how I was happy to see her here. She put down the foods she had cooked on the table and a cup of coffee.

Why coffee?

She noticed me staring at the coffee. "I'm sorry I forgot, I'll just replace it" She said and was about to grab the coffee but I stopped her.

"No, it's okay" I tried to smile.

She took a seat across from me and began to fill my plate. "How's your feeling?" She starts a conversation.

"I'm good, thank you for taking care of me" I answered and smiled at her. "What brought you here?" I asked her.

"Well you reminded me" She got up and went to the living room and returned with a white folder in her hand.

"Since you didn't come into the office yesterday, Joy asked me to give this to you" She handed me the white folder.

I remember that I hadn't even signed my contract with Mr. Son.

"If you still can't get into the office now, just sign it and I'll give it to Joy" She said while eating.

"No, I'm going in now, I'll personally give this to Mr. Son" I answered.

She bobs her head. "Maybe I should leave as well" I didn't realize that she had finished eating.

"You may not come into the office if you haven't slept well" I told her.

"It's okay, I still have a lot to do in the office" She answered me and stood up.

I accompanied her up to the door. "Thank you again Lisa"

"You're welcome, whoever sees you last night, will definitely do what I did" She answered and opened the door but we were shocked to see Jisoo unnie and Chaeyoung in front.

"Lisa?" It was obvious on jisoo unnie's face that she was surprised to see Lisa here.

"Lisayah!" Chaeyoung hugged her, but she immediately let go of the hug when she realized the situation.

"Good morning Jisoo unnie, Park Chaeyoung. Sorry but I won't took so long, I have to go" Lisa bowed to them and quickly left.

Jisoo unnie glared at me.

"You need to explain this to me" She said before entering my unit.

JISOO'S POV

When I entered Jennie's unit I was surprised because it was so clean. We should be the ones cleaning here now because I thought Jennie still had a fever but it looks like we don't need to clean anymore. I went to the kitchen to see if it was also clean and I wasn't mistaken because it looked different than before. I went back to the living room.

"Does Lisa always have to come here for you to clean up?" I asked Jennie jokingly.

"How did you clean up, Jisoo says you're sick?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I didn't clean up, it's Lisa" My eyes widened because of Jennie's answer.

"Jendeukie, don't tell me —..."

"It's not like you think" She didn't let me finish what I'm going to say.

"Then what? She's courting you again?" I'm teasing her. "Ohh I remember, she didn't even court you because you're head over heels with her"

Chaeyoung and I burst out laughing and Jennie threw a pillow at me.

She told us everything that happened last night and I can't help myself but smile of what Lisa did.

You haven't changed, Manoban, you still care about my sister.

---

Jennie, Lisa, Mr. Kim and their business partners were inside the conference room to discuss the magazine, bill board and commercial that the company would release when the door unexpectedly opened and a little boy with Kai, entered.

"Mommy!" The child ran to Jennie.

"Hey baby!" Jennie took the child and sat him on her lap. "How's my baby Lucas?" Jennie kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm sad Mommy, because you didn't come home and I don't have a playmate, so I forced Daddy Kai to bring me here" Child's answer.

"I'm sorry baby, Mommy is just busy. Do you want to sleep later in my condo so we can play?" Jennie asked Lucas while smiling.

Lucas nodded happily.

"Ask your Daddy Kai first" Lucas looked at his daddy.

Kai chuckled. "You'll only annoy me if I don't agree" He replied.

Lucas smiled widely and hugged Jennie. "I missed you Mommy"

"How about grandpa? Don't you miss me?" Mr. Kim asked the little kid.

The child got off Jennie and ran to Mr. Kim.

"Of course I missed you too, grandpa" Lucas hugged Mr. Kim.

"I apologize for the inconvenience, we just really miss this boy cause I don't see him very often" Mr. Kim said to his business partners.

"It's okay Mr. Kim, we're almost done" Mr. Son answered.

Lucas, who was only two years old at the time but already knew how to make others laugh, filled the conference room with laughter.

Lisa, on the other hand, had been staring at the child since he walked into the meeting room.

- Looks like you were really happy with him.

To be continued ~

A/n: 🤭