CHAPTER 33 (ASTER)

LISA'S POV

When I heard out what had happened, I quickly went to Jisoo unnie's residence.

"Love, how are you? Is there something hurt? Did they hurt you?" I check her face, neck and her arms.

Jennie shook her head. "They didn’t hurt me, Love, but I’m afraid that they might come back" I could see the fear on her face and it was obvious in her eyes that she had just cried.

I put my hands on her cheeks and caressed her face. "Don't worry, I won't let that happen again, okay?" She nodded slowly and hugged me. I looked at Jisoo unnie who was behind her. She motioned for me to follow her so I left Jennie with Chaeyoung first.

We went to the garden where Jennie couldn’t hear what we were talking about.

"Manoban, we have to do something" She said.

"Do you have any idea who the men are?" I inquired her.

She shook her head. "No, but I'm familiar with the black van. I think, that's the van we saw on the security camera last night"

"Do you have any suspicions as to who can do this?" I asked her again. I'm also trying to figure out who could have done it, but I haven't come up with anything.

Jisoo unnie shook her head again. "What if they have no connection with Jennie and they just want to scare her?" She also asked me.

"That's impossible, I have a strong feeling that whoever is doing it has a connection to Jennie or to your family"

Jisoo unnie was silent for a moment. "Someone I know holds a grudge against our family" She said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Krystal" I frowned at what she said.

"Krystal? Your step sister? Isn't she in the asylum?" I asked again.

She fixed her gaze on me. "That's what I need to know, and I'd like you to always keep an eye on Jennie from now on"

I nodded. "I'll look after her. Also, keep in mind that if Krystal is behind of all this, it's not just Jennie who is in danger"

***

We returned to the apartment after Jisoo unnie and I talked. We also informed Mr. Kim of what had happened, and he agreed to provide Jennie with body guards. Jennie didn't say anything until we arrived at the apartment, she went directly to our room, so I let her sleep.

Before entering our room, I double-checked that the doors were locked. I lay down next to Jennie and hugged her from behind.

"Don't think about it too much" I muttered and kissed her shoulder. She turned to face me, and I locked my gaze on her. "Starting tomorrow, you won't be able to leave without me. Your father's body guards will also arrive tomorrow, so you won't have to worry" I told her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "I'm just here beside you, so go to sleep"

She hugged me and pressed her face against my neck before falling asleep. I'm having trouble sleeping, and I'm worried about Jennie, but I don't want to tell her. I imagine the possibilities if we don't figure out who's behind it.

***

I was just entering my office when Jisoo unnie called.

"Hello, unnie"

"Manoban, I came from the asylum where Krystal is, but she is no longer there"

"How did that happen? She was sick, she shouldn’t have been allowed to get out of there"