CHAPTER 27 (HOME)

LISA'S POV

Days passed, and we were all busy at work, especially me, because my contract with this company was coming to an end in a few weeks. Every day, I can see Jennie's efforts to get me back. She always comes to my office and gives me food, which she didn't do before, and she also frequently comes to my condo in the morning to cook me breakfast, and I would be lying if I said I didn't like what she does. I'm not sure how she handles her time at work, and I told her she didn't have to do those things, but knowing Jennie, she's a stubborn woman.

After hearing her explanation that night, I knew in my heart that I had made up my choice. I regretted leaving her despite her sacrifices, she only wanted to protect me and our relationship but I abandoned her in the middle of a battle in which we should have been together. It appears that I am the one who must make up for the years I have lost.

What happened in the bar became a company rumor I'm not sure how they found out, but I can say that the tale has spread like wildfire. At the restaurant where we ate at the time, I had lunch with Jennie, Joy, and Somi. It's a good thing Kai wasn't with us since seeing his face would make me lose my appetite. Somi handed me a regular size box while we were eating.

"What is this?" I examined the box.

"That's what you get for defending me the other night" I opened the box and noticed cookies inside. "That's something I made, try it" Somi added.

Before taking the cookies, I looked at Jennie, who was merely staring at me, as if waiting for my response. Something came up in my mind.

"Hmmm it's tasty. I just had some excellent cookies" Somi smiled at what I said, and all I could do was stare at Jennie. I secretly giggled at her reaction as she glared at me and rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, Somi, thank you for this. I'll eat this in my office later" I set the box aside, and Jennie didn't say anything until we were done eating.

I could see Jennie while driving, but she was looking out the window and didn't noticed I was looking at her. She didn't wait for me any longer and stepped out of the car first, Joy followed her while Somi walked with me.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Manoban, for what you did last night" Somi said as we walked.

"You're welcome, but don't go to the bar by yourself next time, I'm not usually there"

"If that's the case, come along with me when I go there" She made a funny remark. Because of what she said, I merely smiled and shook my head.

***

I was working on my laptop when Jisoo unnie entered my office, she was dressed so professionally that I almost forgot she was my friend.

"What brought you here Attorney Kim?" I asked jokingly.

"You're too formal, Manoban" She sat on the couch inside my office. "I heard what happened to you and Seulgi last night, why didn't you take me with you?" She asked while looking at the magazines.

"Because you're so busy with your wife and if you were there when that happened, Chaeyoung would definitely kill me" I answered.

She got up and walked over to my table. "Let's drink tonight, my treat"

I shook. "I can't drink tonight, I have something important to do, besides Irene was angry about what happened last time so she definitely won't let Seulgi drink"

She burst out laughing at what I said. "Seulgi hasn't changed, she's still scared of her girlfriend"

"How about you, aren't you afraid of Chaeyoung?"

"Of cou—" She couldn't continue what she was going to say when her phone suddenly rang.

"Where the hell are you Kim Jisoo?!" I heard Chaeyoung from the other line. "You said you were going home early"

I noticed Jisoo unnie's paleness. "Y-yeah, I just went through the company. I-I'll be there in 10 minutes" I couldn't help but chuckle as she stuttered.

"I'm leaving, Manoban" She immediately ran out of the office and didn’t wait for me to say anything.

---

Lisa was busy arranging her belongings, she left the company early to pack. She put her clothes in the suitcase and her shoes in a box. She will just take the things she will leave in the condo in the truck tomorrow. She couldn't say goodbye to Jennie earlier when she left the company because Jennie didn't seem to be in the mood when she peeked into Jennie's office.

When Lisa made sure she had put all her clothes in the suitcase she pulled it out of the condo. She ride the elevator and a few moments later she reached the ground floor. The guard was surprised to notice that Lisa was carrying a lot of belongings but he didn't ask. Lisa smiled at him before she left the building and went straight to the parking lot. She put her belongings in the back of the car and went to the driver seat. "I'm going back home" she said to herself before starting the car's engine.

---

JENNIE'S POV

I had just finished taking a bath and was now lying on the side of the bed reading a book when I heard the door bell ring. I looked at the time, it's 9:00 p.m, who would be going here at this time. I stood up because the person outside didn’t seem to be able to wait because he/she was repeatedly pressing the door bell button.

"Don't you know how to wait?" I shouted and opened the door. My eyes widened when I saw Lisa outside but I was even more surprised when I noticed the large suitcase next to her.

"I'm home!" She said enthusiastically, my heart beating so fast that it felt like it may burst out of my chest at any moment. I hugged her tightly with so much joy I feel right now, I can’t believe she had returned home. I let go of her hug and touched her face. Am I not dreaming? She laughed at my question and pinched my cheek. "You're so cute my Mandu" I smiled even more and hugged her again, I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. "I missed you my Poopoo"

- "What I love most about my home is who I share it with."

To be continued ~