It's not always about love ✔️

"You love me so much Aairah? I didn't knew that I was so special." He mocked her, it was much more like a statement. She was looking at everywhere than him. His eyes were focused on her. She was sitting just like nothing was wrong. He was sipping his black coffee and she was looking at her tea. It was as calm as it was nearly seven and they were sitting in his cabin after finishing their joint project. They were the heirs of one of the most influential business groups. Having begun with the talks of their impending nuptials they knew that both of them couldn't get over it.

"I can even marry a dumb and deaf person if it mean making my parents happy. Do you get Salaar?And if you do not want the same there is no imposition on you. You know that, I know we never were the best of friends but can we keep the long lost enmity between us aside. I know you don't like me, I am not like your those lots of girlfriends but I can assure you that I will be loyal to you and our relationship. My father thinks that you are the best match that I can get and my mama is already going gaga with your mannerisms. Where are you taught them Salaar?

She mocked him while he was going skeptical with their conversation going on. He knew that she was one of the best match he could get, she was beautiful, witty, and arrogant and heck even stubborn just like him. He was impressed by her straight forward attitude and she was having a charming personality of her own, no copying nothing that could not match him. She was a sensation in the business world. Named as the youngest businesswomen in fifty years by TI*MS magazine. No way was he going to deny this alliance for him. He knew once how hateful she could be and he could see the depth of love too. She could love anyone if she wanted too and for some reasons he wanted that one in her life.

"You will marry anyone right now Aairah? What is there any bun in the oven, why so desperate? You are still young why you don't wait for your prince charming to come and sweep you from your feet. Never thought that you would succumb to your parents wishes. I always have a memory of a rebellious Aairah Meer who slapped me hard in front of the whole school. I never thought that you would have this kind and soft demeanor of yours." He tried to tease her. It was always like this between them. They knew each other from the time when they were six and it was always like this. It was more like a fire and ice combination.

"Shut up Salaar Khan, that was just expected from you. If I have been pregnant than I would not have come to you for rescue, it's all you can think isn't it? You and your small. Before she can hurl more things on him. He stood from his seat, they were sitting opposite to each other. He pulled her from her shoulder and looking into her eyes he confessed.

"It would have been and will be always me Aairah because it will be my bun that you will not be Aairah Meer then But you will be Aairah Salaar Khan" He said with a sudden possessiveness making her feel his dominance over her but it was not over bearing. He was providing a comfort that she never felt. A sudden comfort that was all consuming.

"Now don't get your pretty head of yours in twist just tell me why so suddenly? What is the need to get married so soon? We can have a long engagement. Do all the things you want".  He this time pulled her close to him and pulled her on his lap as he sat.

She was shocked with his words, his direct confession heck the man couldn't even express his feelings with some nice words. After glaring at him, she told him the reason.

"Baba thinks you are good for me and it is the right age to get settled. And pray tell me when did you met my mother. And what did you do to her." She was suddenly shocked when her mother second to her father's choice, she knew whole her life that the kind couple had adopted her the day when she was born, they were there when her biological was giving her birth.

She always knew that Rushana and Shehzaad Meer were her adopted parents but that didn't lessen their love for her. They couldn't have their own child and they bestowed their affection and love on their only daughter Aairah. She didn't knew what was the reason that her biological mother left her when she was born but she was glad that she left her to the wonderful couple who were her world now.

She had now wanted to do the one thing that her parents had asked her. They wanted her to marry and the prospective groom they had selected was Salaar Khan.

"I met your mother at a party Aairah but there was nothing I was just myself nothing much. You know I just behaved like I used to." He said nonchalantly.

"Did you bowed to my mother Salaar? Aairah asked amused and Salaar looked at her with an annoyed look answering her.

"I was given the etiquettes lessons back in London, Aairah Meer and it was customary there to greet the ladies with respect and I happen to continue it here and your mother was not the only one." He retorted not believing that she was just making fun of his habits.

"But you didn't do it with me." Never, she had thought for a second and then it struck her he had did and always did.

Horror crept on her face she remember the first time he took her hand and softy had kissed her hand greeting her in the first official party hosted by the Khan's. He smirked and held her hand that was supporting him and brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it before turning over and kissing the inside of her wrist followed by kissing her palm delicately looking into her eyes all the times. His this one act made him chuckle at her reaction.

"Remember something love? I always greet ladies with respect but there is something more to my own lady." She took a step backward as she felt her hand again on its own and he was standing with his hands folded and demanded an answer.

"Why now? I mean we can wait, I had already agreed to my dad's words and now seeing you here trying to make me understand or say giving me reasons why I should marry you and why I shouldn't was interesting. I must tell you put out your all strong and weak points quite nicely." He praised her getting impressed." But it was much more.

He was finding it amusing when she had come all of a sudden and demanded him to agree to get married. She was looking rather feisty with her curls all over the place and that blue dress she was carrying with so much grace.

"I am adopted by my parents and I love them way too much Salaar that I can do anything that say. You know having known all those yours that you are adopted and never feel the same is something no one can do except my parents. Mama and baba now want me to settle and I know that I am close to find my biological parents so I would like us to marry before I finish my final search."

Salaar was first shocked, he could think of two different reasons. Aairah was adopted never he had thought even in his dreams and if she loves her adoptive parents way too much then why this search? She was actually an enigma like always and he would love to solve her slowly he thought.

"May I know why you are searching your biological parents then Aairah? I mean won't your parents have a problem with that." He asked, his way of addressing her changed and Aairah felt a sense of belonging. He called her love and she felt the need to answer his questions.

"Mama and baba are supportive Salaar, they know that I want to know. What was the condition that my mum had to give me up? Was she unwed mother or was I not wanted? What about my father, was he not there. There could be many reasons but believe me I am not going to lament or blame them I just want to know them or have some relationship with them. You know once one of my friend needed blood and her father was the donor, god forbid if something like that appears then I would have a chance to live salaar. Genuinely, I do not feel anything for them but still I would know my biological parents and even want to be a part of their life if they would want."

Salaat was shocked , amazed and he was proud that he was going to spent his rest of the life with a girl who isn't holding the baggage of the past with her she just want to forge a new relationship. He smiled and gave her his support.

"So when do you want us to get married Aairah? Salaar asked with a genuine smile. Making her give all the answers that she expected.

**********************************************************************&

No continuation of this. It's a one shot