Beholding Trust : Part 2

Part 2

Asbah looked at the time, today Shahyaan was late, he usually informs her if he had any late meetings but today he didn't. She was looking at the wall every five seconds. It was really proving difficult for her to contain her tears. It was already eleven and there was no news of Shahyaan.

No matter how much she tries to block those bitter memories away from her life, she fails. She was scared, scared for his life. Last time it was such at the late night hour she had gotten the news that Asif had died. That moment when her entire world had crumbled down. She hated late night. She didn't know when and how tears made their way from her eyes as she prayed to her Allah to keep Shahyaan safe.

It was almost twelve when Shahyaan came. He was tired and he saw his wife sleeping on the couch in half laid position asleep.

"She must be waiting for me", thought Shahyaan as he walked towards the sleeping figure who happened to be his wife.

It was very different experience for him. He was used to cold nights and aloofness. He couldn't expect his old grandmother to wait for him and Fariya couldn't compromise with her sleep.

The days like this were rare in his life when someone would be waiting for him, specially now that someone who happens to be his wife. But Asbah was different and he knew that from the very Beginning. She was younger than Fariya. And even they had an age difference of seven years between them.  Shrugging away his thoughts, he chose to look at the delicate form of his wife who was in a fitful sleep.

Shahyaan had an important meeting and had to travel to the Islamabad and he couldn't even inform Asbah or daadijaan as his cell phone was left in Office. Looking at her sleeping form he could sense her restless.

He came near near and saw the traces of her long hair falling on her face. She was wearing a navy blue suit and the dupatta was a little askew. Even though they had Crossed the physical barriers but he always felt that he was still far away from knowing her. The emotional bond that should have been there was missing. As he felt the need to correct her dupatta when she woke up like she knew that he wa near her.

Asbah looked at Shahyaan , he was sitting beside her and she was sleeping in a very awkward position, he held her from back and gave her the space so that she could stretch. Asbah corrected herself and made some distance between them.

"When did you come? Shahyaan I was worried. Kitni der ho gayi hai." she was looking worried and complaint in a shaking voice. Shahyaan found something and he noticed that her eyes were scrutinizing him. He felt that he need to assure her. He took her hands and felt her cold. She was having sweat beads on her forehead and it was not even so hot in the hall.

"Asbah are you fine ?" This time Shahyaan asked instead of answering her.

She nodded as her eyes didn't even find a scratch on his body. She gestured him to freshen up and she will serve the dinner. She tried to get up from the bed but shahyan held her hand. He was worried now, even though it was genuine concern she was having but her eyes were saying a different story.

"I am sorry Asbah... Last time par meeting Nikal aayi. The client wanted to discuss the progress of the work as he was leaving overseas for some medical aid, so I couldn't deny. Mobile bhi office mein reh Gaya hai.. so that I couldn't call." His words made her relax somewhere.

"Shahyaan woh daadijaan Ko chinta ho Rahi thi.. she said, trying to fein the ignorance but the concern that he felt in her eyes couldn't be faked. shahyan held her hand and squeezed it little to make her relax.

"I know Asbah, it's natural to feel worried and I am sorry, next time I will ask my assistant to inform home.. his words earned him a smile and she got up to arrange dinner but her husband politely declined the offer.

"Asbah, I don't have appetite now. But why don't you bring yours in the room, tum wahin karlena". Shahyaan said as he moved to their room and she to the kitchen.

Even though she knew that Shahyaan would have the dinner but she boiled the milk for him. She brought her dinner and his milk to their room and saw that her husband had already changed and she gave him the glass. shahyan didn't compliant he just took it from her hands and gave her a smile giving her mind and heart a much needed peace.

Meanwhile she was having the dinner Shahyaan was looking at her, she was slowly having her food and finished it soon, Shahyaan noticed that she didn't eat much and just went to keep the plate in kitchen.

She was very meticulous , she came and changed into a simple suit and came to sleep. Shahyaan had thought to talk to her but seeing her today, he felt that giving her space would be better. She seemed stressed to him.

Asbah was sleeping but her thoughts were somewhere, she lied silently on the other side of bed and didn't knew when she slept.

"Ammi, no I won't.. I will not marry, please don't force me..." Said Asbah as she was looking at the innocent face of her own daughter. She didn't know that she was now a burden on her parents. Her husband had died leaving her when she was four months pregnant. Asif Saeed had gone overseas for the project and he was killed in an accident there. Now, after the birth of her daughter, she was forced to move on. She was asked to marry.

No one thought of her daughter, what is her daughter's fault. She didn't want to marry. Asbah cried silently in her sleep. Letting the tears fall on her pillow.

***