Beholding Trust : Part 8

Beholding Trust

Part 8

Asbah looked at her husband and the little girl he was holding in his arms. Her eyes were fixed on the figures which she never even expected to see. She had lost this desire on the day, she had said those three words of Qubool Hai, to him.

"Ma...ma.." she heard the words and thought that she was hallucinating. Shahyaan saw her freezed on the spot and he slowly moved towards his wife.

"Zaara who is she?" He asked the little girl, who first looked at him inquisitively and then at Asbah. She held him tight, wounding her small arms around him.

"Zaara.." he called and asked her again this time by pointing his finger towards Asbah.

Zaara smiled showing her two front teeth and this time she said.

"Ma..ma.."

Asbah cried as she came forward to take her but zaara didn't go. Her baby had forgotten her.

"Na..na.." she denied to go.

"Baby see that's your mama.." shahyaan tried again but zaara didn't let of Shayaan. He had been meeting her on the daily basis from the moment he had decided to bring her home. The day he saw. He had talked with his in law's and had asked them the reason, but that day his mother in law was probably scared about her own daughter.

"Shahyaan.. zaara.." Asbah couldn't form words when he asked her to come inside.

"Nancy, take the baby.." he called someone and it was then Asbah saw the bags that were having Zaara's stuff and middle aged lady came and took zaara in her hands with difficulty.

The first room is her room is on the right side of the first floor, take her there we are coming in some time. He instructed Nancy and showed her the way.  Nancy took a reluctant and uninterested zaara who was looking back at her baba..

"Baba is here only meri jaan.. I am coming in some time." He kissed her hands and assured his daughter who blinked her eyes and made them wide like she understood.

As Nancy and zaara were out of the room Shahyaan held the hand of his wife and lead her towards their room.

Asbah was lifeless as shahyaan literally dragged her, she was shocked when she heard him call zaara her baba, she looked at him with suspecting eyes but couldn't form a word.

Wasn't he the one who wouldn't want to have her daughter? Isn't what everyone said about her zaara? No man would accept the child of his wife from another man.. isn't it what was said.

She didn't knew when he left her hand and when he closed the door behind.

"Wo.. zaara.." she couldn't even form a word.

"You tell me who is she? Kon hai zaara? Kya lagti hai aapki?" He asked with his hands folded. His eyes were cold and his body posture was saying that he was certainly angry.

Asbah didn't had the courage to look at him. He held her face by his fingers and asked her.

"Tell me why did you hid about zaara? Aapne kyun us bachi ko uski khudki ma se door kar diya? Aap mujhe bata sakti thi ek baar ki aapki ek beti hai."

She kept silent..

"Aisi kya majboori thi aapki Asbah?"

"Hame..hame nikkah nahi karna tha.." she said finally and he let her go keeping some distance between them.

"Toh aapne mana kyun nahi kiya?"

Asbah looked at him and told him the truth. Finally she was letting go all the things that happened.