Afreen 🌺 Part 20🌺

Part 20

The atmosphere of the Khan's haveli was relatively calmer then expected. The habitants were busy in arranging everything. The Jashn was actually an occasion that could give people to talk about the generation old history of the Nawabs of the Valleys of Shahbaad.

Nawab wasn't a title it used to be a ruler of the province in the older centuries directly below the emperor of the kingdom. But now in contemporary time, the last remaining powerful Nawabs were actually the hidden power behind the age old politics. The economies which define the course of the politics was now governed by the business class and that's what Khan's were.

The mighty and powerful would rule and that's what has been transcended in the recent times. It was even true with some of the powerful economies and Khan's having a powerful role in their country couldn't be denied.

No matter how much powerful and mighty the ruler is but there are conflicts within. The hidden enmity, the untold and unfolded truth and the inner doubts were enough to make the life of even a king seems like normal.

In the perfect sunny day of the march, the atmosphere of the university was normal. There were only a few students seen in the corridors. Even though the professionalism was expected from the peers but the only a few of the them shows that. The concrete pillars, the marbled floor and the unique smell of the ammonia filled the atmosphere.

"When will they stop cleaning with all this ammonia? This makes me nauseous.." Shireen grumbled as she and Dua walked side by side to the library. No matter how much the progess happened but some things can only be accomplished by the good old books.

"They clean every two hours as a matter of fact.. kuch cheezen aap badal nahi sakte.," Dua supplied as they entered the central  library of the university.

"Hamen apka card dediye.. I need to have all the books today. I can only get two from mine." Dua asked Shireen who was already in between the shelves to get the required books.

"Here these two.. and grab a seat for us. I am bringing the rest of them." Shireen ordered Dua not wanting them to get shouted at if the librarian heard them.

It was ten minutes later there were already twelve books scattered on the table and Dua was going through one of them.

"Dua?" Shireen called her as she looked at Mahi seating beside dua and they have already choosen a corner table to sit.

"Hmm.." she looked above and saw Shireen taking a seat infront of her as Mahi flipped through the national daily.

"We have fifteen days to submit the project file.. itni jaldi kya hai?" Shireen leaned down on the table keeping her chin on the table as she whispered in hush tones.

"Use koi kaam hoga.." Mahi chipped in between without getting her eyes off from the newspaper.

"Haan.. hamen kaam hai.." Dua stuttered.

"Okay.. are you getting married?" She asked the possible cause of her frequent disappearance and Dua looked a quite shocked at this. Since her mini impromptu trip with her husband, she wasn't as regular as she used to be. It was like she would leave early skipping the classes or would take a leave for something that is unavoidable. It was only Daniyal who asked her if she was fine and now Shireen directly put the question forward making her tensed.

She looked at Mahi, even her other friend was looking at her demanding an explanation and her eyes went towards the open page in the newspaper that had her husband with her father in the business news.

"Hum..." She stuttered as she looked at the library and crowd was there.

"She will tell us when she will feel.. don't force her Shireen.." Mahi kind of scolded her and Dua nodded not getting words to come out.