33: Say Goodbye

Disclaimer: do not own any of the harry potter characters.

Chapter 33: Say Goodbye

            "So the truth finally comes out...." I said with an eerie smile. I had to die. "Harry... you know what this means."

"No." Harry blurted out. "No, you are not going to die Marley, we will figure out a way, we'll find another way." Harry said as I smiled at the boy.

"Where are you planning on going Potter?" I asked with a smile as Harry avoided my gaze. "You're going to Voldemort aren't you?" I asked as he still did not answer. "Take me."

"What?" Harry finally asked.

"Take me with you." I replied as Harry shook his head.

"No it's dangerous. And Voldemort isn't going to kill you, you're a horcrux!" Harry yelled quietly.

"You could kill me Harry..." I said trailing off as I looked up at Harry, the boy with the lightning scar, he had so much on his shoulders, and here I was adding onto his load.

"No... I couldn't..." he said in barely a whisper.

"But-"

"No! I just can't Marley! It would just be too much..." Harry said wearily as I looked at the boy, my eyes softened. He really was just a boy.

"I'm sorry Harry... I know I shouldn't have asked you that... I'm just trying to find out a way to destroy Voldemort like you are." I said as Harry just stared at the ground, I wondered if he was really going to go to Voldemort...  "Are... Are you really going to turn yourself in to Voldemort?" I asked out of the blue as Harry looked down at me slightly.

"I..." he stuttered as he looked at me. "I have to... No one can survive while the other lives."

My eyes widened in horror. "No, Harry! You can't!" I exclaimed quietly as he shook his head.

"I have no choice...." He said trailing off. "You should go back to the Great Hall, I'm sure Fred and Clary are wondering where you are..." Harry said as he pulled out what looked like to be a cloak from his bag. I shook my head, was I just suppose to leave Harry Potter to go face his own death, while I pondered on mine?

"I can't let you go to your death Harry." I said as Harry glared at me.

"You have to. Go back to the Great Hall..." he said and before I could object he had placed the cloak around his body and disappeared. It was like he turned invisible.

"Harry?!" I called out as I looked around for him, he was nowhere in sight. I sighed as I started to walk back to the Great Hall. I could feel my breathing shallow as I placed my arms around myself, what was I going to do?

I could hear myself approaching the Great Hall as I heard the loud murmurs erupting from the room. I stayed clutched next to the wall as I looked into the large room, people were gathered in lumps as they surrounded their loved ones, or friends, or even complete strangers. I looked to see all the Weasley's gathered around in a circle along with Caitlin, Angelous, and Max. They were all okay as they helped each other with specific injuries... Then I felt my eyes fall on two certain people. I smiled softly as I looked at Fred and Clary.

Clary was on Fred's lap drawing on his bandaged leg, she giggled softly as Fred winced from the pain. She had laughed more and Fred was beginning to tickle her. I laughed softly as I looked at the two people I loved and cared about the most... I could feel the tears falling on my cheeks as I watched them. I knew what I had to do... and if I died, at least I died knowing Clary was in good hands. And Fred... Fred was a charming, flirtatious, funny man that would find a girl in a second. I quickly turned around wiping the tears away from my eyes as I walked through the quiet, dark corridors alone and headed to a door leading outside. I felt a new determination erupt in me, if this meant that I would be able to protect them, then dying didn't seem all too bad.