11: Now where?

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry potter characters except for my own.

Chapter 11: Now Where?

            I never did feel the hit of a spell, but I soon felt water engulfing me. I opened my eyes to see I was in water, but not just in water, underwater! I gasped in shock at the sight, and soon felt the water seeping in my mouth as I coughed trying not to drown, I immediately swam what I hope was the way up, since I wasn't exactly sure which way was which. I soon felt the cool nights air as I bursted through the water, I desperately breathed in the oxygen as I was soon above water, coughing out the water as well.

I looked around to see it was utter darkness except for the light coming from the moon and the stars; I looked around to see if I could see Sam, but I couldn't see her. "S-Sam?!" I yelled shivering as well from the cold water, and cold air, together they do not make a good combination. I heard a faint voice call out from the darkness as I swam around trying to see where the voice was coming from. "Sam where are you?" I yelled through the shivers.

"O-Over here..." I heard her very faint and weak voice call out straight ahead of me. I started to swim in the direction of the voice, but with my baggy wet sweatpants, it was making things a bit more challenging.

"Sam! You need to keep talking that way I can follow your voice!" I yelled through the darkness, and the sloshing of water.

"Here..." I heard another faint whisper, she sounded so weak. Had something happened to her? I quickened the pace of my swimming, even if it did feel like needles were pricking my skin every time. Once I saw her silhouette in the darkness I knew I was getting close, because I could also hear her faint breathing. I could tell half her body was in the water and half wasn't. I was also getting closer to the shore, from what I could tell, because it seemed like the closer I was swimming to her the more shallow the water was getting, and soon enough my feet could touch the ground.

As I got closer and my torso was half way above the water I saw Sam lying on the ground, her waist down was in the water. But as I got closer I noticed something was terrible wrong, the air smelt like iron, and when I looked down at Sam there was a huge gash in her shoulder, blood pouring out like no tomorrow. "SAM!" I yelled in frenzy as I sloshed through the water to get to Sam who was breathing faintly on the ground as blood poured from her shoulder to the ground to the water. Once I reached her I could tell she was badly wounded, her right shoulder just had this huge gash through it, she was holding it with her left arm as she had this look of pure pain encrypted on her face.

"Sam!" I yelled as I kneeled down by her, my eyes widening in fear as I took the sight of her in. How could this happen?!

"Bellatrix... she got me I guess before we could disparate..." she replied answering my unspoken question, she opened her chocolate brown eyes faintly as she looked up at me and smiled. "No worries, it's just a flesh wound, it didn't hit anything vital." She replied and then grimaced.

I tried to remember back when we were running, Bellatrix wasn't aiming for Sam; she was aiming for me.... She never once shot a spell at Sam, not a big one... But she was purposely trying to injure me. My eyes widened when I finally realized what Sam had did, she had stepped in front of me before I could get hit with the spell... Tears started to well up in my eyes, everyone I cared for always get hurt in one way or another. I felt Sam's intense gaze on me as I cried over her wounded body.

"Marley, you really shouldn't be crying... Look I took that spell because I wanted to." She replied with a smile as I gaped at her. Who would want to take a spell that could actually wound you like this for others? I heard Sam laugh as I knew she probably read my thoughts. "Well for one thing, you're my friend and you have a lot more to live for than I do. I mean you have Fred and Clary, you need to get back to them." She said as I was about to interrupt her but she placed a bloody hand on my cheek to silence me. "Shut up you sod, I'm wounded so you have to listen to me with no complaints." She said with a smile as I smiled, she reminded me of Fred at times. "Now the second reason why I took that bloody spell Bellatrix hit me with was because of your bleeding power! This is the time to test it out and see whether or not you can heal others, you git." She said with a smirk as I looked down at her. "Now hurry up and get to it, I'm losing a lot of blood and I'd rather like to have some when you're done."