10: A Bit of the Unexpected

Disclaimer: Do not own the harry potter characters, and some of the details in this chapter.

Chapter 10: A Bit of the Unexpected

            Sam and I had found another opening a bit further along where it opened in a shadowy passageway near the dining hall. Sam had very quietly and carefully moved out of the vent as she just hanged there holding onto the edge of the vent, she looked down and let go, falling down the rest of the 5 foot space from her feet to the floor. She landed with a light thud, but not long enough for anybody else to hear as she looked around the dark corridors to make sure no one else was coming. She looked back up at me in the dark vents as she gave me thumbs up; I nodded as I followed her lead and was soon next to her on the ground in no time.

"Piece of cake." Sam said quietly as I rolled my eyes. We turned around to see the flight of stairs in the passageway as it lead down to the dark cellar, where everyone knew Voldemort kept his prisoners, except strangely for Sam and I. I glanced at Sam as she nodded, we had to get down there before Hermione was permanently damaged, I could hear her screams much more loudly as she was just in the room next to us, but there was nothing I could do until I got Harry and Ron. We started to walk to the stairs when we heard a very loud crack coming from the cellar; I glanced at Sam who knew what the sound was. "Someone just apparated." She said quietly as I stared at her, how could that be? No one could apparated in and out of the manor, only house elves could do that, and strangely none of ours did so.

But I guess we weren't the only ones who heard the loud crack, Lucius Malfoy was another person. "What was that?" I heard Lucius call out from the room, "Did you hear that? What was that noise in the cellar?" Sam and I stared at each other as we stood in the middle of the dark passageway, covered by the shadows thankfully. "Draco- no, call Wormtail! Make him go and check!" I heard Lucius call out to his son, I looked at Sam, both of us knew that Wormtail would be here any second, and that would ruin our plan of rescuing... but then again maybe not.

I looked at Sam with a brilliant idea in my head. "Sam, I have brilliant idea! You are going to go bonkers over it!" I exclaimed with a large grin plastered on my face, she looked at me as if I was crazy, and maybe I was.

"Well what is it?" she asked impatiently.

"Okay when Wormtail goes in the cellar, we attack him from behind and then save Harry and Ron, or whoever is in there. Wormtail will never know what hits him, and he's a bit of a bugger anyways." I said looking at Sam as she smiled.

"That is somewhat brilliant, but how are we going to take down Wormtail? I mean even if he is a nutter he is still far bigger than us and he has that hand of his that you-know-who gave him." Sam replied as I shook my head.

"So what? We'll have the upper advantage of a surprise attack." I exclaimed with a grin, this plan was brilliant, and then we could save Ron, and Harry, and finally get out of here!

"Okay, but we better hide; I think I hear him coming." Sam said as she yanked me over to the walls, where we would be hidden underneath the darkness. We hugged the wall as I saw Wormtail appear in the dark passageway making his way down to the cellar. He had a scowl on his face, like always. I watched as Wormtail started down the stairs to the cellar door.

"Stand back," Wormtail called out to the people on the other side. "Stand away from the door. I am coming in."

And soon he had went inside the door as Sam and I followed behind him flying down the stairs, as I was the first one to enter the room expecting to jump on Wormtail, but to my surprise my job was already done. Harry and Ron had already jumped Wormtail as you saw them battling it out silently on the ground while Ron had Wormtail's wand hand above his head while Harry had clamped a hand over Wormtail's mouth to silent him. All three of them had abruptly stopped and looked up at me when I entered the room. "Marley?!" Harry and Ron both looked up at me with a shocked look as my eyes widened in fear and I shushed them.