15: The Locket

Disclaimer: DO not own any of the harry potter characters except my own.

Chapter 15: The Locket

            "Max! The shower is cold again!" I heard Sam yell from the doorway of the bathroom, I looked up from my book as I lay on the couch to see Sam only in a towel, hair soaking wet with some essence of some kind of hair product still in her hair. I sighed, as I realized I had just lost my spot in my book I was reading. Sam and I had been here for almost over a week now, and it had been like we were all roommates, which technically we were. Sam and I sleep in the living room, while Max still has his room, he didn't want to give up his precious bed to girls. And yes, Max is the same as the first day as I met him. He is still cocky, rude, and aloof, but I can somewhat tolerate him now; it's like living with a younger brother, which ironically I am older than both Sam and Max. It's funny, since I am also the shortest one here, and Max is the one that thinks he is the oldest, but he isn't. Since I'm the first moonchild, it means I was the first one born out of the moonchildren. "Max!" I heard Sam yell interrupting my train of thought as I looked up to see she had moved from the doorway of the bathroom to the wooden floors of the living room, dripping water onto the floors.

"I think he may be outside." I called out from the couch as Sam sighed.

"Marley do you think?" Sam asked as before she could finish her sentenced I groaned, but got up reluctantly, to see Sam smiling from the doorway of the bathroom.

"I'll go get him..." I trailed off as Sam smiled.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed as she went back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. I groaned as I turned and heading to the back door, which was placed in the kitchen. I opened the door letting the cool spring air kiss my exposed skin. I sighed, I really wish I could actually have some of my own clothes for once; I was wearing some baggy shorts, and a white shirt, all belonging to Max... I hated wearing his clothes, because it smelt like smoke, which made me gag.

I walked outside stepping onto the wet dew covered grass, as the wetness sent small shivers up my spine, but made a smile appear on my face none the less. I walked around the back of the house looking for Max, but knowing where he'll probably be. Once I turned around the corner I saw Max's figure bent over the hood of the grey truck parked by the side of the house. "Max!" I yelled as I saw his head drop, as he turned around to reveal his yellow pupils and cocky smirk, cigarette placed in his mouth like usual.

"Hello dollface, what do I owe this annoying greeting with?" he asked with a smirk as I rolled my eyes, I really did not like it when he called my dollface, but he'll never stop.

"The shower turned cold again." I replied nonchalantly as Max frowned.

"Bloody hell, you guys go through that hot water like elephants." He replied blowing a puff of smoke as I wrenched my nose in disgust as saw him smirk. "What you don't like the smoke?"

"No. I think it's bad for you, and it reeks." I replied truthfully as he gave me a wry smile.

"And that's exactly why I do it." He responded as I frowned, and looked over to see some tools placed around the open hood of the truck revealing the large engine.

"What are you working so hard on? I mean that truck doesn't look like it's going to be running any time soon." I said looking at the truck; it looked like an old car that broke down years ago. Why was he even bothering trying to fix it up?

"So little faith, just so you know this baby will run in no time. Plus I need it to drive up to the little village not too far from here, that way I can get me some more smokes." He said smacking the hood of the truck down with affection; I believe the only thing he really cares for is that truck. "It's better then wasting my energy going there by fire and less hot." He replied with a smirk as I cocked an eyebrow at him.