9: Be (NOT) Our Guests

Disclaimer: Do not own any of the Harry potter characters beside my own.

Chapter 9: Be (NOT) Our Guests

            I sat there staring at the piece of parchment with the drawings of the vent system while Sam lay on the bed staring up at the ceiling. She had been in that position for a good 10 minutes; it seemed like she was very deep in thought. I continued to look at the piece of parchment, trying to figure out what areas we haven't been through yet, what areas could still be a way out. But I must say I was finding very little. As I continued to study the parchment I heard Sam groan in frustration.

"Marley... Why on earth are you still staring at that thing? Haven't you figured out that there is no way out of here... we have been through every way possible..." she yelled out as I stared up at her.

"Sam you shouldn't give up so easily. There could always be a way out, there always is." I said firmly as I looked back down on the paper, it seemed like every passage was marked with an X, but there had to be one way out.

"There is no choice but to give up... Marley we are trapped here, and things are just going to be getting worse..." she sighed as I stopped what I was doing and looked up at Sam, okay something was bothering her.

"Sam, what's going on? You seemed to be in this mood ever since I got here." I said now sitting up as I stared at the small frame on the bed. She sighed as she sat up and looked down at me.

"Okay look I heard Bellatrix talking to the Malfoys and a couple of death eaters yesterday when I was doing my time in the vents... They were talking about how soon You-Know-Who is getting closer to what he's looking for... and how things will soon be falling into place... Marley, whatever is happening it is happening fast." Sam replied looking down at me, I stared up at her curiously; usually I was the cautious one, now she was? And what was with this you-know-who stuff?

"Sam, why are you so afraid? And why have you stopped saying Vold-"I was about to say his name when Sam literally jumped me. She had jumped off from the bed like a panther attacking her prey; she landed on top of me as I fell back on the floor with a thud. I soon felt her hand cover my mouth preventing me from even make a noise of pain, escape for my loud groan.

"Shhhh!" she yelled angrily as she looked down at me, "the name is taboo! I heard them talking about it yesterday as well. They put some kind of spell on his name, that way when you say it you are instantly tracked by Death Eaters. We have to be careful, because if we say it in the manor they'll be on us like flies and our secret place will be discovered." She exclaimed as I looked up at her with large eyes. This girl had been doing some sneaking around I see. I nodded showing her that I wouldn't say the name as she got off me and sat back down on the floor, while I propped myself up on my elbows staring at her and rubbing my head where it made a large, painful contact with the floor.

"First off, ouch!" I exclaimed looking at her as she smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry..." she said lightly as I rolled my eyes, she couldn't possible think of a better way to stop me other than attacking me?

"Okay well this is bad... I mean Harry always says Vol- I mean you-know-who's name... What if they find him?" I asked as she shrugged.

"I don't know... I would think Harry's a little brighter than that wouldn't you? I mean with him being the chosen one and all." She responded as I looked at her, sure Harry was the chosen one, but he was still a teenage boy whose brain seemed to be still developing when it came to being a macho man, I mean Fred was like that all the time, always head first ask questions later.