8: The Making of the Great Escapé

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry potter characters except for my own.

Chapter 8: The Making of the Great Escapé

            It has been a week since that incident, a week since Draco almost found out how I was able to escape. A week since I've been having these meetings with Sam. That's right, Draco had never found out about the vent, I was able to put it back on the ceiling before he went in the bathroom, and since we had made a deal he wasn't going to badger me on how I was able to get out, as long as I never did it again. I'm not entirely proud I lied to Draco, but he was holding me back, and I'm not about to give up when I am so close.

Samantha and I have been meeting every day at noon in my old room. We would go through the vents and meet there; it was the only place that no one ever went into, and the only time when Draco would not be in either of our rooms for at least an hour. Everyday we would talk, and look at our plans we drew of the vent system in the manor, and everyday we would cross out a different path. See Samantha and I came up with this plan, where while we were alone we would go through the vents and explore. We would try to find a way out, both of us; I figured we could cover more ground if we did it at our own times.

I smiled as I jumped down from the vent and landing with a light thud on the bedroom floor that I was actually beginning to like. I looked to see Sam laying there on the bed, looking exhausted; she turned her head towards me with a broad smile. "Marley! Finally, gosh I was almost falling asleep here."

I rolled my eyes as I looked at Sam, her long mangy brown hair giving her a ruff look, with her dark chocolate brown eyes, Sam was a very beautiful girl even when she looked like some sort of prisoner. Her jeans torn in all places, along with her blouse, I'm sure they never once gave her a shower or clean clothes. I wish I could help her in some way, but if I did Draco would find out. I smiled as I looked at Sam, whenever I came to the room I would always find her on the bed, but I couldn't blame her, the thing in her room wasn't really even a bed, just a cot with no mattress, just a small tattered blanket. "It's not my fault Draco took forever to leave."

I replied as I sat next to her on the bed, she just sighed. "Well we better get to work." She said as she sat up and looked at me. "I am so jealous of you, I wish I was the daughter of my captive...." She said with a grin as I glared at her.

"I'd rather not be his daughter, even if I do have it better." I replied as she smiled.

"Oh I know, but right now I still wish I could be in your position, I'd give anything to have a nice hot shower...." she moaned as I rolled my eyes.

"Enough thinking of showers, the only way we can get you a shower is if we get out of here." I replied as I stood up and walked over to the floorboard as I took out the piece of parchment that had out blueprint of basically the entire vent system. I spread it out on the floor as I looked up at Sam; she sighed as she grudgingly got up from the bed and sat down on the floor next to me. "Good, now lets see what we have here, have you found any new vents or any places that could be possible escapes?" I asked as I looked at the piece of parchment and then back at Sam.

"I went through this one here," she said as she pointed to one of the lines on the parchment that marked the vent, and she traced her finger along the line until she hit a marking, with the word kitchen, "it only lead to the kitchen, the same as the other one, so that one is a no go." She said with her arms crossed as I sighed and marked the passageway with an X.

"So that one isn't good, and the one I went through just lead to the dining hall..." I said trailing off as I marked off the line. I looked up to see Sam staring straight at me with those eyes, the eyes that knew everything. I tried to keep my mind off of giving up, but by the look on her face I knew she heard me.