14: Smoker, Cocky, and Third Moonchild

Disclaimer: Do not own any harry potter Characters except for my own. Marley, Clary, Sam, and Max.

Chapter 14: Smoker, Cocky, and Third Moonchild

            "Who are you?" I asked staring at the handsome man, as he just smirked and placed his sunglasses back on.

"Why don't we get your friend first, she looks like she's going crazy not knowing what's going on." The guys said as he blew one last breathe of smoke and discarded his bud into the ground.  He started to walk in the direction of Sam, as he was soon standing right in front of her.

"Marley, what's going on? You look like a crazy person standing in an open field and just talking to yourself." Sam said totally oblivious to the man who is standing literally right in front of her. I gawk at the scene, how could she not see him?

"How come she can't see you?" I asked looking up at the guy as he smiled, while Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you talking to Marley?" Sam asked again as I ignored her and looked at the guy.

"It's because she's a witch, I put some snakeskin around the house so magical folk wouldn't be able to detect my house." He said with a smile. "But wait... Why should I take them down just for you two?" he asked looking at me as I glared at him.

"Because we're all moonchildren, and we need to find out information." I said looking at him as he smiled.

"Anything else?" he asked with a smirk as I glared at him.

"Anything else?!" I screeched looking at the guy; he was being a right well git! "Well how about the fact that we are being chased by the number one evil wizard, and we are hungry and tired! Is that reason good enough for you!?" I yelled at the guy as he smirked.      

"Hey there's no need to get your knickers in a knot. I was just wondering why I should endanger my life for a couple of girls, especially a girl who isn't very pleasant." He said with a smirk, I literally wanted to strangle this guy. "See if I take down my rattlesnake skins, then every witch and wizard who goes by this place will be able to see my house."

"Well fine! You don't have to be nice, you bloody git! Just let your own kind get killed out there!" I yelled walking off over the magical threshold walking past Sam and towards the dirt road as Sam looked at me questionably and then ran after me.

"Marley! What's going on? Who were you yelling at?" I heard Sam ask me as I held a scowl on my face, that bloody nark was just going to be a git!? Fine, we don't need his help!

"Just a bloody git who was being a major arse and isn't even going to help us." I said but I looked to see I was talking to myself, I turned around to see Sam was staring back at the house where the guy was standing in between the trees holding a sly smirk on his pretty face, and I looked over to see Sam smiling.

"Is that the house and the guy you saw?" she asked as I nodded. "You didn't mention he's absolutely gorgeous!" She exclaimed quietly in a girlish squeal, I must say I have never heard Sam squeal. I rolled my eyes at her comment, I honestly didn't see what was so great about the guy, and he was a total git.

"Well you better hope I didn't endanger myself for nothing dollface!" the guy yelled back as I glared at him and gritted my teeth. Maybe I should just try walking to another place.

"Don't be stupid Marley, there's no other place for miles, unless you want to take your chances at that village, which I bet is being watched by death eaters." Sam said looking at me as she started to make her way back to the guy as I rolled my eyes, and sighed in defeat. She was right; I scowled as I made my way back to the guy and the house. "So your name's Maxwell Daniels, you're 19 and you're a muggle and..." but Sam stopped there once the guy looked down at her as his sunglasses slid down his nose a little revealing his odd yellow colored pupil eyes. I looked to see Sam was speechless as she looked at the guy.