30: Rivals

Disclaimer: do not own harry potter characters.

Chapter 30: Rivals

            Sam and I were so close to reaching George when a couple Death Eaters had stopped us. We were currently fighting against the stupid Death Eaters. "Three! You better watch it Sam! Looks like I'm catching up!" I yelled to Sam as another Death Eater fell to the ground from one of my stunning spells. I heard Sam groan from the other side as she fought with one of the other Death Eaters.

Once we got out of this mess Sam would probably be bragging how she was going to steal George away from me someday. But I would NEVER let that happen. "Six! Now you're three behind Caitlin!" I heard Sam yell as I rolled my eyes, I had to step up my game. No way would I let Sam get to go on a date with George! Nuh uh! Besides George would probably accept because that bloke loves the fact that he has two girls after him, first time this happened to him and not Fred.

After a couple more minutes of pointless back and forth banter of George, and stunning Death Eaters, Sam and I finally finished and there were a bunch of stunned Death Eaters on the ground. "Well looks like we're tied." I said smirking at Sam who only rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever, let's just go find George, I'll get another Death Eater on the way there and win." She said with a sly smile as I frowned.

"You are not winning the bet!" I whined as Sam just smiled.

"We'll see about that."

I followed Sam as I could already see George's flaming red hair ahead of us. Even in the dark I could see George, my George, mo ghra. I smiled at the thought of George and me embracing and snogging once again. I guess my smile was large, because when Sam looked over at me she probably thought I was completely bonkers. "Could you possible stop mentally imagining you and George snogging?! It is really annoying when you can read minds." Sam said with a ticked off face as I grinned.

"Oh did I make Sammy upset?" I asked in a childish voice as Sam glared at me. "Are you a cailin ead?" I asked with a grin as I used my Irish. Sam only glared more. She hated it when I spoke to her in Irish.

"Don't speak to me in Irish! I have no idea what you are saying!" She exclaimed in a huff as I smiled.

"That's exactly why I do it. Because it upsets you!" I said with a grin as Sam just frowned.

"You are such a child." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Says the one who always complains when she doesn't have some sort of food around her." I replied, but just when Sam was about to respond there was an explosion in front of us, and we were knocked off our feet. I could feel myself slowly flying in the air, and then hit the ground with a loud thud. I could already feel the wind being knocked out of me.

"Caitlin!" I heard Sam's muffled voice. "Caitlin get up you stupid nark! WE have to get out of here!" She exclaimed, but there was something wrong with her voice, it was strained. "Stupefy!" I heard Sam yelled as my eyes started to flutter open. I looked around to see smoke around us, and then I saw Sam. My eyes widened when I saw Sam.

There was blood pouring out of her body from a huge gashing whole on her stomach. I looked to see there was blood also dripping down her face from her head. She looked like a wreck, my eyes widened as I looked up to see dementors swarming around us. "Sam!" I yelled as I looked at her, she had collapsed on the ground from exhaustion. "Sam! There are dementors! We have to run!" I yelled, I had never once conjured up a patronus, at my old school you didn't need to know how. I saw Sam smile meekly.