2.5 till the day we meet again

Unknow Artist

notes: this chapter pov shifts a lot. 

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------

Staring at the view, bright yellow. Some of the lanterns have already set their journey to the sky yet some are waiting for the right moment. There is no single cloud that could be spotted in the night sky. Today is the lantern rite. Aether takes each step slowly with a lantern in his hand. following along the path to a place where he agrees to meet everyone. 

With the special help of Ningguan, Aether manages to rent a whole place for all of his companions. The place is the highest area of liyue, perhaps saying that is the place where lex Lapis falls might be better for an image. When aether walks through the gate everyone is already there. Xiangling waves at him while playing some card games with her friends Chongyun and Xingqiu.  In the corner Zhongli, childe ganyu and xiao, though it seems like xiao would kill childe any minute soon aether choose to ignore it and look over to the balcony, seeing Keqing, Hu tao, and Yanfei. 

Xinyan seems like she is doing some performance down there and Qiqi is with Baizhu walking around in the city. Beidou on the other hand is with Kazuha by the seaside. Ningguang is not present at the moment. The biggest achievement ever is the fact that Aether manages to bring xiao over. 

All the people laugh and talk as they enjoy their time. Aether walks over to the center and places the lantern down. "paimon is very happy this year lantern rite is also successful!!" she cheered. Twirling around aether. To this he smiles and looks around again, seeing many companions he had made from this trip. Part of him wishes Lumine stays by his side, looking at the same view too. 

-----------------------------------

2.5 till the day we meet again

-----------------------------------

You stared at the bright light of the city from the gate in the darkness. Standing there as people look at you weirdly when they walk past. You who stand in front of the entrance to the liyue are making a life or death decision right now. With no disguise, pyro vision on your neck and a sword with white dress, rather comfortable clothing, and of course pants inside. For a person who normally only wears shorts or trousers, it was the first to loosen things up. Although the one-piece dress is plain and only has one color it was fine clothes. 

"uhh miss, is there something bothering you? we can help?" one of the guards voiced out, seeing you standing here for a few minutes also made him uncomfortable. You glance over to him and smile. "No sorry. I will take my leave" you reply, turning away from the city. facing your back to the light and began walking away. "Not today, I'm sorry Zhongli" you whisper to yourself as you walk. The sound of music gets further away from your ears. 

But... "hey ho, I didn't expect to meet you here" a high tone of voice. you raise your head up to meet with a pair of green eyes. "you're not going to attack me with a bunch of questions, are you..." he says awkwardly, trying to quickly run away. "venti..." you murmured then looked away, shaking your head side to side. " I have given up on my research, I lost all of my valid data."

He widened his eyes slowly and walked closer to you, He was slightly taller than you as he gazed down. "Is it true you have been gone for almost three years? I heard aether was looking for you" he questioned. But you did not say anything. "Nice dress, by the way, it suits you very much. I was about to head to the lantern rite to join some fun, perhaps play a few songs. want to join?" He continues again. 

"no, thank you" you look away. "ahh!!! you're no fun!! What happened to the clumsy and loud girl I met three years ago!! y/n! go burn that tree over there" he whined, pointing to a few trees and bushes. you also follow his hand and glance at it but soon enough quickly looks away.