1.2 story of regret

Art by: @ocococcocc from twitter
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------

Aether glances over to Xiao then looks away silently. He doesn't know what this Adepti is thinking about, his expression is always hard to read. 

yet every time a mention of y/n name makes his expression sad perhaps a regret.  

--------------------

1.2 story of regrets

--------------------

At the end of the day, you had a satisfied look on your face. By xiao leads, both of you decided to take a rest in a cave before heading towards Mondstadt. "mmm~ this pork meat tastes nice! Here xiao you should give it a try!!" Surrounding the campfire are you two with a slice of pork in a stick. Xiao hesitated but took your offer and took a bite of the meat. He could feel your gaze fixed on him with a sparkling eye. 

"it.. good I guess" 

"ahaha I know!!" You brightly smiled at him and finished the rest of the meat.

After eating you sat down by the campfire and took out the note you took on the way about the Durin heart and the bones. 

"how long are you planning to continue this" with the campfire in between xiao sat next to you. He seems to be reading the note you took today. "are you interested!? I can explain what I found today you know!!!. oh wait you're an Adeptus.. you might already live through that era. But still, take a look at my note!!" you shove the note into his face and forcefully let him read them but xiao just lowered your paper. 

"No, you mortals, I'm worried about you. *sigh* These things you are trying to stick your head into isn't something a normal mortal should be doing.  you might end up dead" said xiao.

"awww you worrying about me? xiao wanna go on a date with me now? I know you love me~" ignoring his question, rather you avoid answering it. Hoping that he didn't notice you quickly change the topic. 

"No, and by the way, here take it. Your face, especially your nose is getting red from this coldness" But what you didn't know is that xiao knew you avoided answering his question. He threw a scarf that you gave it to him before at your face and looked away. 

You sat there trying to process his action then a smile crept on your face. Instantly you grab on the scarf and got up from the ground and hopped next to him, sitting so close to him that both your body and his are touching then you wrap the scarf around xiao neck followed by yours.

"w-what are you-" xiao seems to be confused as you can see his eye wobble for a bit then land his gaze on you. "ehe~ like this we both can be warm. but ahem I will finally be able to touch you now" you showed your toothy grin to him. Luckily the scarf is long enough to not suffocate both of you when it's been tied by two people. 

"you're creeping me out"

"oh shut it I know you loved me~, don't you want to be my boyfriend now?"

"...." 

Without hesitation, xiao untied the scarf and walked over to the other side of the campfire, and narrowed his eyes over you. He looks at you in disbelief and stares at you as if he has never seen such a person before. "hey!! don't look at me like that" seeing xiao's reaction you pouted and threw a snowball over his face. 

"you know I mean it when I say i- um... you know" I mean it when I say I love you, but that word never came out of your mouth. Heat starts rising on your face as you can feel yourself getting embarrassed. "no nothing..." you murmured and buried your face into the scarf. 

"*sigh* I don't understand a mortal like you y/n. I would say you are the type of people I don't want to get involved with" upon hearing this you turn your face away, fixing your eye on the ground as you hug your knee tighter.