Chapter 60: Pressing forth

They stood in front of a barren wall. Except it wasn't.
Amongst other doors in the hideout's hallway was a tiny section of wall that had nothing to show. Not even a picture frame stood there.
But on the other side were the prisoners.
Queen Roach was with Dabi and Shigaraki. They had a little food and water for them but nothing else. The two couldn't be allowed to die.
Shigaraki pressed a point on the wall and a hidden door revealed itself. As they entered, Roach was curious in what Shigaraki wanted her to do.
"Kendo! Midoriya! Get up now. We're going for a walk."
The two had been locked up for over several days since Kendo first arrived. Shigaraki put his hands around both of their necks as they slowly stood up. Probably to keep them from trying anything before he could use his quirk on them.
As they all walked back down the hallway, it was clear to Roach that they had taken a beating recently. But they looked familiar, like as if she had encountered them before. The orange and broccoli hair and the shape of their faces.
Were they some of the ones....couldn't have possibly been them. There were so many people in that area alone that a coincidence seemed unlikely to her. But the similarities couldn't be ignored.
They were some of her targets at that winter festival.
"Heh, you probably don't know me," She said,
"But I remember you."
The boy became frightened slightly at that. But he didn't say anything.
"Wait I recognize that voice," the girl said.
"Silence , I don't want to hear another word from you or Midoriya," Shigaraki said.
"I targeted this girl at the winter festival. Her mind was easy to overwhelm." Roach continued.
By that point they had reached the lab room.
Ujiko was waiting inside with Akane. She was in dazed state, heavily sedated. Her hands and feet were handcuffed together. The two prisoners showed shock and fear on their faces.
"Ah perfect timing," he said. "I just finished looking over these samples; I must say that I am surprised that she has any quirk at all. Her blood has revealed nothing that I can work with."
"So what are we supposed to do now?" Shigaraki asked.
"I have another idea. Akane! Wake up!"
She groaned loudly while coming around.
"Time to use that quirk of yours."
******
RING RING!!
"What is it Toshinori?" Endeavor answered.
"I have been asked to pass along a request from Bakugo and Shoto."
"What are they asking?"
"They want to help rescue Deku and Akane as well as Kendo."
"I already have Rift joining us so no. I need the two of them and the remaining heroes to stay on I-Island as the agency is obligated to protect."
"Very well I'll let them know; they aren't going to be happy though."
The phone was hung up just as Bakugo was fuming explosively.
"Akane is our responsibility," Shoto said.
"I ain't going to give up just like that!" Bakugo yelled.
"Bakugo, don't make the same foolish thinking that Midoriya made when he went to rescue you from All for One. We don't need more students getting themselves into unnecessary danger or in the way of the heroes. And Shoto, Akane was not just the responsibility of you three. She was supposed to be protected by the whole agency." All Might replied.
As the retired hero walked away, one bore a look of defeat while the other held anger.
"We can't give up on him," Bakugo said quietly.
"You heard All Might and my father. Plus I know what it is like to recklessly rescue someone when I was not supposed to. We could end up in serious trouble. Or worse..."
"Worse what?"
"We could get all three of them killed."
"You and Deku both were willing to take those risks just to save me. I owe him for that. We have to do something."
"I think I can help," Melissa said. She was walking up from behind, still looking somewhat battered.
"How?" Shoto asked.
"With this."