Chapter 13: Let's talk

When she and Midoriya went for their morning jog, Kendo couldn't help but notice the extra amount of determination and fear in her boyfriend.
"What's wrong Izuku?"
"Huh?"
"You seem off; is there something wrong?"
"N-no not at......yes."
She stopped and took him by his hand over to a tree.
"Its okay. I'm your girlfriend. You can trust me. Now what's up?"
He sighed and took in several deep breathes.
"I had a really bad nightmare last night."
"Oh, what happened?"
"I dreamt that I was a vampire with a remote blood-draw quirk. And it killed a lot of my friends including Eri."
"You mean the little girl that you rescued? Oh Izuku, I'm so sorry to hear that. Who could want to do that to her?"
"Not me," he said. There was a single tear coming down his face.
She wiped it away and hugged him.
"It's alright dear; it wasn't real."
"I've been having nightmares like it a lot lately...."
She was not expecting that.
"Hey what are you two doing out here so early?"
They turned to see Midnight walking towards them. She was smiling at sight of the two lovebirds until his tears caught her attention.
"Are you hurt Midoriya?"
"N-no just talking about something de-deep."
"We were just out jogging and ran into each other and I-"
"Kendo I already knew about you two, at least that's what I heard in the teacher offices."
"Wa-wait-wait w-what?!" She sputtered.
"She overheard me talking to All Might about us recently," Midoriya sighed.
"But don't worry I don't talk about stuff like that with anyone."
"Wait Izuku, why did you tell All Might about us?"
He gulped; how was he going to explain to her that All Might was his mentor and trainer without revealing One for All?
"I'll leave you two lovers alone. Just don't be late for class."
Kendo was bright red with confusion and embarrassment. Midoriya sat down with her and began to talk.
******
"Momo, have you seen Midoriya? Usually he's up by now but I can't find him." Iida asked.
"I thought I had heard something from his room this morning but then I fell back asleep."
"Damn right! That bastard woke me up too!" Bakugo said loudly.
"That's why I was looking for him. Doesn't he understand that everyone is trying to rest up so that we are fully energized?" Iida continued.
"He probably just had a bad dream," Kirishima commented.
"Which one is Midoriya again?" Kato asked as he entered the kitchen area.
"The green-hair nerd."
"You'll see him again," Kirishima responded.
"Alright everyone let's stop chatting and stay on top of schedule for the day," Iida commanded.
******
"So All Might, the symbol of peace and former number one hero chose to train you?"
"Uh-huh."
"Because he saw you try to save Bakugo without using your quirk?"
"Yeah."
"I don't believe that-"
"I swear I'm telling you the truth!"
"I know that hun, I'm just messing with you."
She looked a little less than serious when he finished explaining it to her. Fortunately he managed to lie about One for All. They got up to return to their dorms but as they did, Midoriya held her hand and talked softly.
"I don't know if there is much that can done about the dreams. Even All Might seems to be unsure of what they mean or how to proceed."
"You've been talking to him about them?"
"Yeah, they seem to affect my quirk. That's why I've been talking to him, to get some advice on managing my quirk in those cases."
"I wonder if that could be the same for everyone?" She asked.
"Maybe, I don't really know since I don't know a lot about what happens in other people's dreams."
"That reminds me, don't you have a special notebook about all the heroes and the development of their quirks?"
"Yes I do! Actually I have several including one for the UA students!"
"I want to see them sometime."
"Sure, why though?"
"I heard that they helped Jiriou with making that performance at the festival possible."
"Well it wasn't exactly like that. She wa-"
"Actually we should probably hurry. I don't want us to be late."
"You're right. Thanks Itsuka." He said as he pulled her in for a brief peck.
"Let me know if those dreams keep coming back. You know when I'll be every morning."