Chapter 21 : Round 2

As Monoma and TetsuTetsu were celebrating and gloating the victory over 1A, Deku could see the frustration in Bakugo and the others. Still he felt sympathy for his class even if they didn't win the round. Sure they could've done better but they did a pretty good job.
"Now we really need win this round if we are to succeed," Sero commented.
"Let's hope that this group has a better plan, if not we're screwed." Toru mentioned.
"They have Bakugo and Shoto; those two will be a challenge for the other team to overpower. I think that they can as long as Monoma doesn't copy their quirks." Koda said.
"Monoma isn't the real problem, Mikasa is." Uraraka interjected.
"Is she the new girl that resembles Hatsume?" Deku asked. "What's her quirk?"
"Yeah that's her. She has what they call 'Electric dragon' and it is exactly what it sounds like. Plus it can match Bakugo's explosions in terms of damage."
"She's that strong? And she can also fly?"
"I think y'all are forgetting about the other strong ones in our class like Kaminari and Kato," Kirishima chummed in.
"Oh yeah, Denki could be a good diversion for all that electricity. But what can Kato do?" Deku asked.
"Just watch."
"Round 2 is about to begin; all participants take up positions!" Midnight announced.
The rest of the viewers became glued to the screens as the teams each huddled up one last time before combat. Bakugo of course didn't seem interested in joining in.
"THREE....TWO....ONE BEGIN!"
Bakugo immediately blasted off into the sky and was followed by Todoroki on a continuous slide of ice. Meanwhile, Deku was caught off guard by watching Mikasa's transformation into the electric dragon and flying off. Shishida went into beast mode while Shiozaki deployed her vines to sense all around her.
Momo immediately started making what looked like trapping gear. Suddenly, a gigantic ice wall formed; Todoroki was setting up a defense as he kept moving. On the other end, Yanagi and Monoma seemed to both be using the former's quirk to move larger rocks around and build their own wall.
BANG BANG BANG BOOOM!!
Up in the sky, Bakugo was already fighting Mikasa but she was proving to be very fast for him. He was struggling to get close to her and land a heavy blow. Lightning began to erupt from her mouth and shoot straight for him.
Except it went straight for the class 1A cage area.
A close up revealed a giant lightning rod had been erected and was being manned by Denki; he looked stupid. Momo was lying on the ground, completely exhausted. She must've made the structure and it took more effort than originally thought.
One of the screens suddenly revealed Todoroki's ice wall being obliterated by none other than Shishida. As the camera zoomed in, the beast was charging straight for Kato. The latter wasn't looking at the charging former nor seemed aware of an impending massive blow.
"Kato! What are doing?! Run!" Ida shouted.
ZING!!
A massive vertical whirlpool of lightning and bright gases formed between them with a roar so loud that it could be heard by the spectators. Shishida tried to stop but ran right through it.
Or rather into it.
He disappeared and the whirlpool faded away quickly.
"Wait what just happened?" Uraraka asked.
"Kato used his quirk. Better check the cage." Mr. Aizawa said.
Another screen showed a similar effect taking place inside the cage; Shishida emerged as it faded too.
"Class 1A takes the lead!"
"What kind of quirk is that?!" Uraraka continued.
"Looks like some sort of portal capability. Looks like there is a time delay though when using it." Deku replied as began to mutter about it in his notebook.
"He calls it 'Slipspace Jump'. Basically he can go from one position to any other  via slip space so long as he is facing the same direction of the destination." Kirishima commented.
"Whoa, that's amazing! I wonder if he has other uses for it besides traveling?" Deku replied.
"Maybe."
They continued to watch the battle unfold. Todoroki was beside Momo with some ice as she recovered while Mina and Ojiro made their way to the other team's site. It seemed odd to Deku considering that no one else was captured but getting more cage residents would always be welcomed.
Suddenly Kato jumped into another slip space portal while looking upwards.
ZING!!
Off screen, everyone could see a new portal open up in cold sky. From a drone, he came out and fell back to the ground.
"What the hell!?" Sero shouted.
Before anyone else could respond Bakugo caught him and carried him for a short distance before blasting him off. Kato ended up on Mikasa's back.
A violent struggle between the two ensued as Mikasa tried to get the hitchhiker off; suddenly Bakugo shot straight in and unloaded a massive explosion onto both of them. They tumbled from the sky and appeared KO'd.
That is until another portal opened up and they both fell in. Bakugo took off in the same direction as Ojiro and Ashido.
The portal opened up outside the cage next to Momo and Todoroki. Kato stumbled to his feet while Mikasa lay unconscious. He and Todoroki both locked her up, scoring another point.
Denki appeared to be less stupid by that point after taking that massive lightning bolt from Mikasa. He and Kato entered through another portal and quickly caught up with the rest of the team. However, something appeared off as Denki emerged.
He looked injured and weakened than before he entered the portal. He could barely stand. Kato turned around and facepalmed as if he was surprised that Denki was there. The latter sat against a tree while recovering. Kato continued onwards after saying something.
By that point, Bakugo was dodging a hailstorm of rocks from Yanagi and Monoma as well as scales from Rin's quirk. He was still airborne but just above the treetops. Ojiro and Mina quickly arrived on site and quickly tried to overwhelm the remaining team.
Then Komori activated her quirk and unleashed a plague storm of fungus upon the three. The trees and other vegetation became covered in mushrooms. Worse still, it seemed as though all three inhaled some of the spores and were already suffering from the effects. Even Bakugo was struggling to fire off AP shots without coughing heavily. Mina tried to use acid to clear the cloud of spores but it was no use. Ojiro stood no chance.
As they slowly caved, it seemed as though they were about to be captured. Another slip space opened up and Kato charged out. He kept making jumps whenever class 1B tried to shoot at him. But he was getting fatigued too.
After several more jumps, he managed to reach his fallen teammates and took up a defensive stance.
Komori unleashed another cloud of spores at him but was blocked by a massive portal forming. Acting like a sponge, it prevented the fungus from causing anymore harm.
Monoma tried to copy slip space jump and portal to the cage holding his captured teammates. However another screen showed him coming out injured and exhausted just like Denki did.
Yaoyorozu was still too weak to stand but Todoroki had vanished.
A standoff ensued between Kato and the rest of class 1B. Rin, Shiozaki, Komori and Yanagi tried to bypass the portal with their quirks but were unable to affect it. Suddenly all four of class 1B ran away as if they were trying to escape a beast charging at them.
A massive fireball erupted across the screen, taking out a camera and all the fungus as well as setting Shiozaki's hair on fire. Todoroki had arrived.
He burned away the rest of the spores and launched a series of ice attacks on the remaining opponents, trapping them quickly. By that point, Bakugo, Mina and Ojiro were back on their feet though still coughing. With all the opponents trapped in ice, they quickly moved in and apprehended everyone.
"With ten minutes to spare class 1A wins round 2!" Midnight
******
"Kato, what happened to Denki and Monoma?" Deku asked him.
"They're suffering from a bit of radiation damage; slip space emits a lot of that and only my body can handle it. Sorry I should probably explain my quirk to you."
"No need to. Why don't you rest up?"
"I like the way you think ," Kato replied.