Chapter 50: Learning

Earlier
The lab was actually smaller than he expected it to be. There were several computers and plenty of testing equipment but it seemed not much bigger than his room.
"I still don't think this is such a good idea for me." Midoriya said.
"It won't hurt. No one ever said it did," Akane replied.
"Besides for now we're just tracking her nervous system's behavior right before she uses her quirk." Melissa commented.
"It's not that it's just uh well I don't know if I really need another quirk."
"Deku!" A familiar childish voice called out.
The trio turned around to see Eri and Mirio coming up to them.
"Ah good! I was hoping you would get here soon," Melissa continued.
"Hi Eri, how are you liking it here?" Midoriya asked.
"I liked UA more. But this is nice also."
"You ready to get started?" Melissa asked the child cheerfully.
"I think so."
"What's Eri here for?" Midoriya asked.
"Her quirk is being looked at for comparisons and genetic stuff." Mirio replied.
******
The group was gathered in a meeting room at the hero center that evening.
"So it was a false alarm?" Petrel asked.
"I guess we overreacted to something minor," Kirishima sighed.
"No you guys did the right thing." She replied.
"But that doesn't explain how Kendo could go missing!" Setsune said.
"I know, the last place I saw her was the direction of the pharmacy to help an elderly woman," Iida said.
"Do you think she got trapped somewhere around there?"
Just then, Kodai and Komori came running in.
"I think we got something!" The latter said.
"Security footage from the pharmacy." Kodai added.
"What does it show?!"
"Take a look for yourself!"
Everyone immediately gathered around a small laptop computer that the two brought with them.
The screen was black and white and slightly grainy. But everyone could make out the whole street and the stores opposite.
They could see Kendo slowly approaching and then stopping just before the pharmacy. She turned towards the left side of the camera and appeared to responding to something. Suddenly four dark costumed men and blond teenager jumped out from above her. Before she had a chance to react, they pinned her down before the teenager stabbed her.
"Oh.....my......kami......." TetsuTetsu said in disbelief.
All of the sudden, everyone became covered in a dark mass and then disappeared.
"Wait what just happened?!" Setsune screamed in horror.
"I know everyone on the island and I don't recognize those people!" Petrel commented.
"You mean...."
"Yes, she was kidnapped by outsiders."
"What are we doing?! We gotta notify the mainland authorities ASAP!" Mina said.
Everyone was still in shock.
First Bakugo.
Now Kendo.
******
KNOCK KNOCK!
"Come in!" Midoriya said.
The door opened to reveal two men standing there.
All Might and Endeavor.
"Hey what's going on?"
"Take a seat Deku." Endeavor said.
They sat down in the living room area with Midoriya feeling very nervous. Something was going on and it could not be good news. Could it?
"There's been trouble on Yoron Island where your classmates went. Apparently someone has been kidnapped by villains." He continued.
"WHAT?! Are you serious?!"
"Midoriya, you need to remain calm and not act impulsively as you did with Bakugo. We saw some recorded footage and have established that the league of villains was behind it." All Might said.
"The league of villains? How......who did they kidnapped?!"
All Might laid both of his hands on Midoriya's shoulders and slowly spoke.
"It was Kendo."
"NOOO!!" He said while slamming his fists down.
Midoriya was instantly in tears; one minute she was fine and next she was gone.
Was fine......
"Wait a second! I think I have something important! I have a text message that I got from her earlier this evening!"
The two men looked caught off guard.
"Deku, we need your phone to seen by the authorities immediately."
He reached into his pocket and pulled out his device with the text message still up.
"I thought she talked a differently than normal but everything seemed okay."
All Might took the phone out his hands and studied it.
"Hmm....last sent two hours ago, After she was already gone."
Midoriya's heart sunk; he wasn't talking to her after all. It was someone else, probably one of her kidnappers.
"Let's get the phone records looked at. We can probably track it down with that." All Might said.
"I'm coming with you!"
"No Deku! We need you to continue protecting and assisting with Melissa and Akane's research. We'll take care of it."
"You don't understand! I am her boyfriend! I can't just stand back and do nothing!"
"Midoriya, you would just get in the way. This is too dangerous even for you."
"But All Might, how can I-"
"Didn't she make you promise something?"
He froze. The thoughts came to him.
After their first date.
After the villains attacked.
"Promise me that you won't put me before hero work."
"I promise."
"She did."
"You may be feeling expected to help your love but it will not help in this case. You would likely get both of yourselves killed. I'm sorry Midoriya."
He was silent with more tears running off his face.
"I failed her....." he thought to himself. "I could've saved her........oh Itsuka I'm so sorry......"