Chapter 33: Give us a break (Part 1)

"Iida, I have a problem," Midoriya said. The two were in his bedroom later on in the evening.
"Sure what is it?"
"It's Uraraka, I wasn't successful with talking to her. Now it seems like she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore."
"What did you say to her? You didn't say anything offensive did you?"
"No I swear I didn't! Its like she's upset that I am dating Itsuka or something like that."
"That is a problem."
"I don't know what to do."
There was a moment of silence between the two. Iida put on his thinking face while Midoriya slumped his head down in defeat.
"If she's upset with you dating Kendo, then there's a reason for it."
"What?"
"She never said it but I could see that she had feelings for you. She may be upset because she wanted to date you. To be your girlfriend. Not some other girl."
"I just wish we could still be friends. She's been there for me in the past."
"Have you heard of the stages of grief?"
"Yeah kind of, why do you ask?"
"I think she needs some time to calm down and accept your relationship with Kendo. Maybe then you could try to restore the friendship."
"Yeah I guess you're right. It just hurts me."
"I know Midoriya, it saddens me too."
******
Time skip to the next day.
During lunch, the couple were sitting together. Midoriya was thinking about what Mirio had told him. It sounded like a good thought to suggest.
"I have an idea for a date dear."
"What are you thinking Izuku?"
"Well I heard that there's going to be a festival nearby sometime soon. I was thinking that you and I could go to that."
"A festival? Do you know what kind it's supposed to be?"
"Yeah I don't quite know; I'll need to get some more information."
"Could we wear kimonos?!" She asked excitedly.
"I think so, it sounds like a lot of people there will be too." Midoriya replied. "It might be a bit cold though."
"Don't worry, we'll figure something out."
"You talking about that winter festival coming up," Kato said. He was with Akane and Uraraka.
"Yeah, do you know anything about it?" Midoriya replied.
"Well there will be food and some sports involved. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine."
"I think it's more of a celebration of snow," Akane added.
"Are you going?" Midoriya asked.
"Me? I'm thinking about it along with Ibara," Kato replied.
"Wait, are you two dating?" Kendo asked.
"Not exactly yet. Its getting somewhere."
Midoriya noticed that Uraraka wasn't looking at them but rather deliberately away. It was awkward to see.
"Do you guys want to sit with me and Itsuka?"
"Sure thing, it would be great way to get to know each other a bit more."
The two scooted around to make room for the three at the table. They all had food with them as well.
"Hey Uraraka, how did you do on the assessment report ," Kendo asked.
She was silent for a moment and not making direct eye contact.
"I did fine."
"Okay.... I guess that's better than me. What about you Kato?"
"Overall I got a good score and no complaints. But I don't understand why they said it was impressive that I got to work with Bakugo."
"He can be a bit.....hard to work with," Midoriya replied while recalling his exam against All Might with Bakugo.
"That's an understatement," Kendo added.
"Consider me lucky in that case."
"I wish I could fight like you do," Akane quietly mentioned.
"What is your quirk anyway," Kendo asked.
"It's complicated to explain and I can't give you all the details. So most of my classes are with Mei Hatsume."
"Really?"
"Yes, I'm learning how to build useful stuff."
Uraraka was still silent and hardly moving except to eat her food. Midoriya was feeling increasingly uneasy in his stomach. He wanted to do something to help fix the situation.
Nevertheless, they spent the rest of lunch casually chatting.