Chapter 6: Diamonds aren't a girls best friend

Snowflakes kissed the soft skin of their faces; Midoriya didn't have a hat available but Kendo did. Although it was colder than Shoto's frosty arm in combat the temperature didn't seem to bring down the mood. There were a lot of people bustling about all around . The air held its own hum of life and activity.
"So what were you thinking of," Kendo asked curiously.
"Well actually, I-I w-was thinking o-of an experiment."
"An experiment? On the first date? Bring it on."
Taking her hand, Midoriya led her to what he hoped would be a memorable experience.
******
"Hey, we got everything ready?"
"N is approaching the food court now."
"What about S?"
The second one looked down through the tiny skylight. He quickly spotted their short woman standing in line at a fast food restaurant.
"Yep looks like she's going to order fried chicken."
Now all they needed to do was wait until the agreed time came.
Four people.
Five minute window.
Six quirks.
And plenty of money to take.
******
So far it seemed to be okay.
Midoriya had just finished going to a second clothing store for Kendo as part of the experiment. The idea was to come up with a new dress for Kendo to wear at the next UA Festival.
They were settling down to some food from one of the restaurants. She had some karrage with a salad while he had some Miso soup and gyuniku teriyaki. Since he was taking her out, he figured he'd pay for it. It was a nice meal but Midoriya wanted to take her one last place before returning to the campus. If he remembered correctly, there was an ice cream spot at the mall. Hopefully she would enjoy that.
"Is it just me or does something seem off about this food? It tastes extra dry," she commented.
"Yeah my beef isn't as juicy. I could of swo-"
CRUUUNNCH!
Before anyone could react, the sound of something freezing instantly was superseded by seeing dozens of people being entrapped in a hard transparent material. The substance jumped out of his and her dishes right onto them. At first it looked like a minor grease stain.
Except it was growing and transforming into the transparent material. Midoriya could feel it wrapping itself all over his torso and legs. Kendo was worse off; part of her arms and head were being imprisoned and couldn't move any except her mouth. Other people were in similar states, some even fully encased.
"Kendo!"
"Midoriya! What's happening?!"
"ALRIGHT EVERYONE LISTEN UP! YOU GET IN OUR WAY AND THESE FOLKS DIE! NOW HAND US THE MONEY!"
Midoriya turned his head and saw two villains leaping down from the ceiling skylights towards where they were. They joined a woman  and another guy at the center of the crowd of crystallized people.
"Where are the heroes?" He thought to himself.
"Midoriya, I think we're on our own," Kendo whispered "but I can't break out of this."
He tried to move his limbs but it was impossible; the substance felt stronger than steel.
"Don't bother trying to break free, I can control the carbon atoms in oils and turn it into solid diamonds!" The first villain said.
As they continued taking money from the trapped people and cash registers, one villain came up to them and without hesitation took Kendo's purse.
"That's not yours to take!" He said.
"Shut up boy!" The villain replied after punching him in the face.
Midoriya could see the anger in his date's eyes but knew that her quirk wasn't strong enough to even fracture the thick diamond layer around her arms and hands. Her struggling hurt him, that was her money.
And nobody was about to ruin this date!
"One for All! Ten percent!" He thought to himself.
His quirk came online and instantly saw a few cracks form in the layer around him. But it wasn't enough.
"What the...?" The purse thief said as he whirled around.
"Fifteen percent! SMASH!"
CRASH!!
He sent shattered diamonds flying off in all directions. As power surged through his body, Deku prepared to use Delaware smash on the villain with Kendo's purse.
"N! Stop that kid!"
The first villain immediately turned around to look; it didn't take long for Deku to strike him with the air burst. The impact sent N flying backwards into a gathering crowd of onlookers.
He quickly turned his attention to Kendo; her mouth was still covered but it was clear she was trying to say something while trying to break free.
"DETROIT SMASH!!"
He threw several punches at the casing surrounding her; it shattered on the last hit, freeing her.
"C'mon! Let's stop them!" Deku said.
"Right!"
"Forget the kids! The pros are almost here!" One of the villains shouted.
"Time to go then!" N said as the four quickly kept towards the skylights. " So much for a pay day."
"HEY GIVE BACK MY PURSE!!" Kendo shouted as she took off after them. Deku followed her quickly. The villains were nearing the roof but she couldn't jump like them. He could see her struggling to keep up.
BOOM!
A pillar of fire erupted downwards onto the villains. It was a brilliant light and very hot. At the center of it all was a massive figure with flaming facial hair.
Endeavor had arrived.
"Oh crap, number one is here! N do your thing!"
The couple and everyone else watched as the villains tried to escape the number one hero. N tried to encase Endeavor with a thick layer of diamonds but it was no use against the heat of hellfire.
He was too fast for any of them to escape and too powerful to defend from. One by one those villains found themselves falling back into the mall. Other pro heroes arrived and it was all over.
******
The food was gone.
The new clothes were ruined.
And her purse had been reduced to ashes.
Kendo was more than a little upset. Midoriya was exhausted and distraught.
"DEKU!"
He turned around and saw Endeavor approaching him.
"I didn't expect you to be caught up in this; what are doing here?"
"I was....taking her out on a.....date but then those villains attacked while we were eating."
"I see. Are you alright?"
"A little burnt out but I think I'm okay."
"Were you using your quirk?"
Yes but it was the only way to break free."
"Interesting quirk they had. You better show the police your provisional licenses so that you don't get in trouble."
"Mine was in my purse." Kendo sighed.
"I didn't see you use your quirk so I can't say you broke the law," Endeavor replied.
"Thank you for your help today," they both said.
He walked away to help the other pro heroes and police handle the aftermath. Midoriya did as he was told and was let off the hook by the authorities. By that point, it was getting late.
"Hey Kendo"
"Yeah?"
"Do you want to go back now?"
"Might as well."
He sighed and they began their trek back to UA.