Chapter 42: You CAN achieve your dreams

Corey walked over to a storage cabinet, opened the doors and pulled out a bin of skates.

“What size?” he asked.

“7” I replied.

He pulled out a pair and handed them to me. I went over and sat down next to Shaw to put the skates on. They were Bauer Vapor APX2 Skates, just like Patrick Kane.

“Hey, Kaner. TWINSIES!” I said as I held up my foot, displaying the skate.

“Yeah! Nice!” He chuckled.

“Ok you all ready?” Hjalmarsson said in his amazingly adorable swedish accent.

“Yep!” I cheered. “Lets go!” I said as I ran out through the tunnel and out onto the crystal white, glossy ice. I stepped out and glided around the ice. I can’t believe i'm skating in the United Center!

I skated around on glossy surface for what felt like forever, until I looked over to the bench area and saw my dad, Copeland, Corey, Kane, Toews, Saad, Hjalmarsson, Seabrook and Shaw all standing there watching me skate.

“Paige! Your an amazing skater!!” Tazer said.

“YEAH!! You must have taken lessons!” Saader added.

“Nope, i’ve never taken skating lessons. Right dad?” I replied.

“Nope. You’ve never taken a single lesson.” My dad said.

“WOW! You’ve got to be kidding me! I definitely could not skate that well when I was your age!” Crow commented.

“Oh come on! You’ve been playing hockey since you were like 5! There’s no way I’m skating better than you did!” I said as I skated over to the bench. “You guys coming or not?!”

“Yeah yeah. Cool your jets Paige! We just finished a long hockey game! We’re kinda tired!” Hjalmarsson said in his cute little swedish accent.

They all stepped onto the ice, we skated around for a while before Corey came up to me.

“Hey Paige,”He said as he turned around, skating backwards in front of me. “How’s your dream night going? Did Copeland do a good job pulling this all together?”

“OMG! YES!! I am still speechless over this! I don’t actually believe that this is happening right now!! Like just meeting you was so unreal, and now i'm actually skating with Blackhawks… In the UNITED CENTER!!!” I squealed.

“I’m glad your having a good time.” He said as he pulled me into a hug. Just then my dad skated by and took a picture of us hugging. Corey laughed a little. “Hey before I forget. Do you want me to sign your jersey?”

“OMG!!! YES!!!!! I didn’t even think of that!” I said as I turned around and he pulled out a sharpie.

He wrote *To Paige, I’m so happy I could make your dream come true. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t achieve your dreams. From, Corey Crawford 50.*

Thank you so much.”

“No problem!” Corey replied as we skated over to Copeland.

“Hey Paige!” Shaw yelled. He waved for me to come over by him, Saad and Seabrook. I went off towards them while Corey stayed with Cope.