Chapter 45: Bick's Birthday

Corey's Point Of View

One week after our anniversary, Cope and I went to Bickell's birthday party.

"Hurry up Corey!" Cope yelled up to me as I was getting ready in the bathroom.

"Hold on babe! I'll be down in a minute!" I yelled back.

I quickly finished up and sprinted down the stairs. I took Cope's hand and we walked out the door. It wasn't to long of a drive to Bryan's house, he lived about 15 minutes away so it wasn't that bad.

"Hey babe are you okay? You look kinda pale." I said to Cope as she was spacing out, looking out the window.

"Yeah, I just feel kinda sick. It' nothing much." She replied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

We pulled up to Bryan's house, I got out and ran to the other side to open the door for Cope. We walked hand in hand up to the door.

"Hey!!" Bryan said as he opened the door for us to come in.

"Hey Bryan, where's your bath-room?" Cope asked immediately.

"Down the hall and to the right." He responded, as she took off.

"Sorry Bick's. She isn't really feeling well... now that I think about it she hasn't been feeling well for a couple days now." I apologized.

"It's fine, no big deal." I walked further into the kitchen to find the rest of the team and their girlfriends or wives standing around holding drinks in their hands.

"You wanna anything to drink?" Kaner asked me.

"Sure, you got Miller Lite?" I asked.

"Definately." He replied. He seemed just a little bit buzzed... that's Kaner for you.

I walked around for a little bit, saying hi to everyone, being friendly. After a little bit I noticed that Cope still wasn't back from the bathroom.

"Umm... Corey?" Bryan's wife, Amanda, quietly said to me.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm. Cope is definitely sick. She just threw up. She said she was just tired so I let her lay down in our guest room." She whispered in my ear.

I immediately ran up the stairs to the guest room and quietly opened the door.

"Hey babe, you feeling okay?" I whispered.

"No." She groaned. "My stomach hurts a lot."

"Aww im sorry. That sucks. Do you want to go home?"

"No it's fine. I'm just gunna take a nap then i'll come down soon."

"Okay. I hope you feel better." I said as I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks."

I walked back down the stairs and into the kitchen to find P. Kane setting up for a game of beer pong. Clearly, they had already had a game because there was beer splattered all over the counter.

"What happened to the sweet, little, innocent Kane that we had back in 2007?" I said as I walked up to Sharp.

"I have no idea... how have you Copeland been?" He replied, asking me.

"We've been doing great. Actually it was our 5 month anniversary last week. But right now she hasn't been feeling to well." I said.

"That's great, you two are adorable together! But it sucks thats she's sick. I hope she feels better"

"Yeah, me too." I hung out in the kitchen watching Kane try to get Captain Serious to play a round of beer pong. After about a half-hour of Patrick pleading like a baby, Jonathan finally gave in. They played a couple rounds before Cope came down and wrapped her arms around me.

"Hey babe" She whispered in my ear.

"Hey. How do you feel?"

"Ehh... A little bit better."

"That's good. You wanna go home soon?"

"Yeah, in a little bit."

* * *