Chapter 52: Family Skate

* * *

Copland's Point Of View

"Hey Corey! I don't remember if I told you, but Kena and Pat are coming over soon and were gunna go out for a little bit. I think there's an open skate for wives and girlfriends." I yelled to Corey from the kitchen.

"Ok! When will they be here?" He yelled back.

"In about a half hour, I think." I said as he walked into the kitchen and sat down next to me.

"Whatcha doin babe?" He asked.

"Playing Clash Of Clans. It''s my favorite game."

"Ok, how about this game?" He asked as he picked me up and ran around the house, throwing me down on the couch.

"COREY FRICKEN CRAWFORD BE CAREFUL!! YOU'RE GOING TO HURT YOUR BABY!!" I playfully yelled at him.

"Opps! Sorry!" He yelled as he squatted down and kissed my big belly, causing me to giggle.

"I love you so much Cope."

"I love you too Corey."

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I got up and went over to the door and opened it to find Pat and Kena standing there. Kena immediately leaned in and hugged me, then she noticed my fat stomach."DUDE! YOU'RE GETTING FAT!! What have you been eating?!" She screamed.

"Ouch. That hurts. You really want to know why im so 'fat'?" I replied using air quotes when I said fat.

"Umm... sure." She said looking over to Patrick.

Patrick didn't know about me being pregnant either. They both gave me a puzzling look. I looked at Corey, who gave me a reassuring look. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arm around me.

"Im pregnant." I blurted out.

"Wait really?!?" Kena squealed.

"Yes!! And something else happened too..."

"What?"

"Corey proposed!!"

"OMG!! NO WAY!!! SO DID PATRICK!!!" Kena squealed as Corey and Patrick bro hugged.

"Let me see the ring!!"

"Only if you show me yours!"

We examined each others rings while Corey and Patrick were chatting about who knows what.

"Don't you feel so lucky for both of us to be married to the two hottest guys in the NHL?" Kena said just loud enough for the guys to hear.

"I don't know. I think Sidney Crosby is pretty sexy!" I said sarcastically.

"Hmmm.... I think Dustin Brown is really hot!" She laughed back.

"BEAU BENNETT!!!!!" We squealed simultaneously.

"Can you girls be done obsessing over other NHL players and start to obsess over your fiancés!?" Patrick yelled.

"Yeah! I mean it's bad enough that they're other guys! But really?? Not even other Blackhawks!?" Corey added.

Kena and I broke out in laughter after that comment from Corey.

"Wait, you'd be okay with it if I said that Shawzy was hot!?"

"Ohh hell no. Your mine!" Corey said as he walked over to me and picked me up throwing me over his shoulder.

"Corey!! The baby!! How many times do I need to tell you!!!"

"Opps! Sorry!" He said as put me down. He kneeled down and kissed my tummy.

"Jeeze Corey, what am I gunna do with you?" I said as I looked down at him.

"Okay. So are we gunna go out or not?!?!" Patrick squealed like a little girl.

"Yeah, yeah. Calm yourself we're coming." I replied.

We walked out of the house, got into the car and started off towards the United Center. Once we got there and walked inside, we noticed almost all the other guys there with their families and their wives or girlfriends. Patrick lead the way to the locker room to get on some skates and after that we stepped out onto the ice.

"Jeeze, I didn't think being pregnant would affect my skating much! But i'm definitely wrong." I complained.

"Holy crap! Copeland! Your pregnant!?" Shaw screamed.

'Yes, Andrew. I'm pregnant." I replied.

"Is it Corey's?" Saad asked.

"Yep!" He answered. Corey has been really happy ever since he found out that I was pregnant, he seems to be so much more bubbly since then.

"Congrats bro!" Hossa, Sharp, Hartman and Keith all said as they skated over towards us.

"Ha thanks. I'm really happy to be starting a family with my fiance." He said as he looked directly into my eyes, I swear this man with be the death of me.

* * *