Chapter 43: Paige knows more...

Corey’s Point Of View

“You know Cope, Paige reminds me a lot of you.” I exclaimed.

“Really? How’s that?” She replied.

“Well first of all… I’m her favorite hockey player. Plus, she reacted the exact same way you did when you first met me.” I said, putting emphasis on the word ‘exact’. “Also she just looks so similar to you, and she’s just so enthusiastic about everything!”

“Well you did just make her dreams come true and more, how could she not be like the happiest girl on the planet right now?” Cope replied.

“True true.”

“HEY! COREY!!!” Shaw screamed across the ice.

“What do you want mutt?!” I replied sarcastically.

“I think Paige knows more about you than your girlfriend does!” Just as he said that, Paige gave him a hard punch on the arm. “OWWW!!! How can a girl hit that hard!?!” He screamed.

“Oopsies!” Paige giggled and high-fived Seabrook and Saad.

I skated over to them with Copeland.

“Ok then,” Said Cope, “Name where he grew up.”

“Châteauguay, Canada” She replied.

“What hand does he catch with?” Cope asked.

“Are you seriously asking me that?! He catches with his left!” Paige commented.

“True that one was pretty easy.”

“Birthday?”

“December, 31st, 1984”

“Just name some stuff about him.” Shaw said.

“Uh… he played for the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before being drafted 52nd overall by the Blackhawks in 2003, He was given the William M. Jennings Trophy in 2013 after leading the league in goals against, and when you first started playing hockey that you were a center.”

“What’s my salary?” I asked.

“6.5 million.” Paige replied.

“Jeeze you do know a lot!” I said just as Bickell walked up behind the bench.

“What are you guys still doing here?!” He yelled over to us.

“Umm… Hey Bryan, this is Paige, it was her one goal to go skating with me and some other hawks players.” I said as we all skated over to him.

“Oh thats co-…. Paige, you look really familiar. I think i’ve seen you before.” Bryan replied.

Paige nodded slightly then looked down at the ice.

“Oh! It was at the Chicago Auto Show!! You were the only teenage girl there! You also were decked out in a lot of hawks stuff. I actually think when you walked up to me you were crying.” He said.

Paige just nodded and looked back up at him. She had tears in her eyes.

“Paige why are you crying?” Shaw asked.

“Its just that… i never thought that people like you guys would want to make someone like me’s dreams come true. I mean i'm just an average person… if even. You guys are some of the best hockey player in the NHL! You guys have literally made my life so much better, this is definitely the best day ever. And to have Bickell remember me out of the hundreds of people that went to see him, is just mind blowing.” She said as she started tearing up again.

“Why wouldn’t we want to do this? Your a Blackhawks’ fan! Your like family to us… even if we’ve never met you before.” Seabrook replied, as he brought her into a tight hug.

“Hey Paige, do you want to get a picture with all them?” Her dad said.

“Yes!!!” She squealed as she jumped up onto the boards. Bickell and Hjalmarsson were standing behind her, Shaw, Kane and Seabrook stood on her right side and Toews, Cope and I stood towards her left side. Paige had the biggest smile on her face that i’ve ever seen.

***