Chapter 49: Shut Up Jon

It's been 4 days since I talked to Cope. I'm coming home today, and i'm kinda.... who am I kidding, I'm really nervous about talking to Cope about her being pregnant.

As I walked into the baggage claim area I saw Cope standing there waiting for me, just like she always did when I got home from an away trip. She didn't notice that I had arrived, so I decided to surprise her.

"Hey babe." I whispered in her ear. Causing her to jump a little.

"COREY!!" She squealed, as I dropped my bags and picked her up. I leaned in to kiss her as Captain Serious walked by and commented,

"You guys are cute... It makes me sick." Jon said sarcastically.

"Oh shut it, Jon" I snapped angrily, sending a death glare in his direction.

Cope gently put her hand on the side of my face, directing my eyes to look back at  her's.

"Corey, what's wrong? What happened?" She whispered.

"Nothing." I replied, walking away from Toews.

"Corey..." She stepped in front of me, stopping me from walking ahead. "Please tell me, what's wrong?"

"When you called me, the team and I were in the locker room and Jon was giving his speech. And so I got up and walked out to answer your call. Then a couple minutes later, after you told me you were pregnant, he stormed out and yanked my phone away and hung up. We got into a huge fight because he said that nothing was more important than hockey right then. And I said that I'm pretty sure my girlfriend being pregnant is way more important than anything else." He babbled on about it as he sped up towards the end. I looked into his eyes and he was on the verge of crying.

"I'm so sorry Cope, you probably didn't want anyone to know yet."

"It's okay Corey, I promise. Let's just go home." I said with a small hint of happiness in my voice, trying to cheer him up.

"Okay."

*     *   *

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yes, I know that dates don't really match up with real time events or just don't make sense but just roll with it. Sorry.