Chapter 53: Mid-game calling

(Corey's Point Of View, 4-5 months later)

I was standing in my crease, with 8 minute and 26 seconds left in the second period. We were up three goals with a score of 4-1. Beau Bennett was coming right at me with the puck, he shot it and I blocked. I passed the puck to Kaner and he took off down the ice with it. He shot it at Fleury and it went in. The guys on the ice were celebrating as Shaw jumped the boards and skated over to me really fast. The scored was now 5-1.

"Corey, Cope just went into labor. You need to go!" He exclaimed.

"Oh my god! Ok." I hurried off the ice as Darling replaced me.

I could hear her the announcer over the PA system, "Corey Crawford just left the ice, Scott Darling has replaced him..." He paused, I finished getting out of my gear and into normal clothes before I took off to my car to get to the hospital.

I jumped out of my car and sprinted through the front door of the hospital to up to the front desk.

"My fiance just went into labor. Her name is Copeland Quinn-Bostwick. But she might be under Copeland Crawford." I said, very out of breath. I didn't even shower after I left the game so I probably looked like a crazy, sweaty, psychopath right now.

"Oh here she is. She's in room 50," The lady sitting at the desk said.

"Thank you!" I said as I ran off towards Cope's room.

When I finally found it, I slowly walked in. Good, they hadn't delivered the baby yet. I can't miss the birth of my first child.

"Hey babe. How's it going?" I said as I sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Well, the doctor said that I can start pushing soon. The contractions are really painful." She replied.

*      *      *

Copeland's Point Of View

"I, Copeland Quinn, take you, Corey Crawford, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

"And I, Corey Crawford, take you, Copeland Quinn, to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness." Corey replied as his eyes began to tear up.

"Corey, you may now kiss the bride." The minister said.

Before the minister could even finish his sentence, Corey already had me wrapped in his arms and was kissing me. I can't believe that i'm marrying him, he's so sweet and caring and nice and generous, any girl would be lucky to be able to call him their husband. He may not be the perfect guy, but he's the perfect guy for me.