Chapter 20: Go A little Easy?

“Gimme your stick… Please.” I asked.

“Okay, but why?” He responded.

“Just watch.”

I grabbed his stick and then I skated by Jonathan and grabbed the puck from his hands, tossing it down onto the ice. I started skating towards Corey with the puck moving around the stick. I shot the puck, it went in,

“WOOOO!! PEANUT BUTTER!!!”

“Ummm… Since when did you know how to skate?” Corey asked. He was very surprised.

“Since I was about 7. I started out with figure skating, obviously, seeing as you just witnessed my performance. And then I found out that I could play hockey, so I switched to that when I was about 12 or 13, because figure skating was way too girly for me.” I replied.

“Umm… How come you didn’t tell me about this?!?!” Corey said.

“It never came up!”

“True.”

“Seeing as I shot a puck right past your face, i’m guessing Coach wants me to work on blocking with you?” I yelled just loud enough for the whole team plus Coach Q to hear. Q laughed.

“YEAH!!” He yelled back. “Corey! If your girlfriend can score on you then the rest of the team probably can too!!”

“Come on, Q! I was just amazed by her amazing skating skills! You can’t blame that on me!” Corey yelled.

“Okay fine, i’ll give you that one, but I still want her work with you!’

“Yeah okay!!!”

“Im not gunna go easy on you!!”

“Okay, shoot them as hard as you can!! I dare you!!”

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want me to do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because ever since Shea Weber beat the speed record, I’ve been working on my slap-shots more and more and I’ve gotten them to be pretty fast.”

“Okay, well how fast are we talking.”

“Around 101 MPH.”

“JEEZE!!! Yeah I take that back!! Go a little easy on me!!”

“Yeah, thats what I thought.”

I skated over to the bench and Coach Q handed me a bucket of pucks and told me to “Go knock him out.” And I responded with, “Yeah I can shoot a 101 MPH slap-shot. I’m not gunna go full force on him, especially since this is just a practice.” I grabbed the bucket and skated back over to the blue line. I dumped the pucks out onto the ice and grabbed one with my stick. Scoping one up from the pile, I started off towards Corey’s net. I shot it 5 hole, it went in.

“How did you even do that?!"

“Not sure, I usually don't get that one.”