Chapter 31: Don't touch her!!

We walked around Chicago for a little bit before heading off to Navy Pier. We walked along the sidewalk towards the waterfront. We got in line to go on the Ferris Wheel.

“Oh. My. God.” I heard a young girl say. Corey and I turned around.

“Woah.” Said the boy she was standing with.

“Hi guys.” Corey said.

“Oh my god! Your Corey Crawford!!!!” The girl said in shock.

“Well obviously you know who I am, now what's your name?” Corey asked/

“M-my names Casey.” The girl said.

“Hi Casey its nice to meet you.” Corey said.

“Who’s she?” The boy asked.

“This is Copeland. She’s my girlfriend.” Corey responded as he pulled me closer to him.

“She’s very pretty.” He responded.

“YEAH! I KNOW!!” Corey replied.

The girl was wearing a Crawford jersey and she asked Corey to sign it. He happily obliged. There was a couple other people that came up to us asking Corey for his signature and asking who I was. We has just gotten off the ferris wheel and were walking back to get something to eat when Corey said,

“Hey Cope, i’ll be right back I gotta go to the bathroom.”

“Ok, i’ll wait right here.” I replied.

I stood outside waiting for Corey to come out when I heard a deep voice that I recognized.

“Hey baby.” He whispered. “What are you doing here?”

“The question really is what are you doing here Trent?” Trent was my ex… he became really abusive and he always hurt me whenever I did anything wrong.

“Why, because, I came to get you.” He said softly.

He grabbed my hand and spun me around, he smashed his lips into mine. I didn’t kiss back, infact I tried to push him away, but even with all my strength he wouldn’t budge. I started to get scared. He was way stronger than he was when we were dating. I managed to pulled away for just long enough to catch my breath. *SMACK!* He slapped my face. I quickly brought my hand up to my cheek.

“Why did you stop kissing me!?” He yelled.

“Because, Trent! I don’t like you! Your so mean and abusive! You don’t deserve to be with me… In fact you don't deserve to be with any girl.”

Just like that he hit me again, and again! He kept hitting me until I was laying on the ground.

“DON’T EVER TALK LIKE THAT TO ME AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND?! NOW YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!!” He yelled as he yanked me up and started to pull me away.

“COREY!!!! HELP!!!!!!!” I yelled. “COREY! HELP ME!!!!”

I saw Corey run out of the bathroom with a worried look on his face, that soon changed to anger as he saw Trent pulling me away.

“LET GO OF MY GIRLFRIEND JERK!” Corey yelled as he swung his fist and Trent’s face. Trent let go of his tight, almost bone crushing grip, on my wrists. He dodged the first punch.

“Oh dude i’m so sorry.” Trent said sarcastically.

“You better not touch her ever again!” Corey yelled.

“What makes you think you can keep her from me?” Trent egged on.

“Your a real prick. You know that right? You don’t even deserve to be in the same room as Cope.” Corey said.

That did it. Trent went after Corey like a hawk after its prey. He threw punch after punch at Corey, Corey blocked most of them. Then Corey connected his fist with Trent’s jaw. I heard a pop. You could tell that Trent’s jaw just cracked but that didn’t stop him from swinging at Corey. Trent was able to punch Corey in the shoulder, which didn’t hurt Corey real badly. I really wanted to help Corey but I knew that it wouldn’t do any good. I saw Corey sucker punch Trent right the gut. I have to admit, Trent was a fighter, but Corey was much better. Trent threw a punch hitting Corey in the nose. Corey winced at the pain, but kept fighting. Corey kicked Trent in between his legs and that sent Trent to the ground. Corey stepped over Trent and ran over to me.

“Cope! Oh my god! What happened?!” Corey said with concern as he looked at me.