chapter twelve fairwell to Fabiano

Benedetto's pov

I'm dressed all in black again. This time to say goodbye to my son Fabiano. I also feel like, I have lost my daughter Gina thank's to Beppe's stupidity over his marriage to Elisa. I have to try and keep my family together some how.

I will only admit to myself that I'm getting weaker, each day it's getting harder to keep going. I feel like, I'm fighting a battle. I can't win or maybe, I don't want to win. My bambino is in Rome. She phoned me from there last night. She will be here in time for Fabiano's funeral.

I feel, I have alot to thank Toni for he has brought a light to her beautiful blue eye's. She has her mother's eye's, there is a light in here eye's like I've never seen before. She love's him so much and you can see he is clearly devoted to her and her alone.

I understand from my bambino that Toni's brother and his wife are here. They have come to help Toni in surporting Gina today. I think this is very kind of them and, I can't thank Toni and his family enough for what they are doing for my girl.

 I think back to when Fabiano was a child. He was so kind hearted and when Gina came along. He loved her so much. He would spent all his free time with her. As they grew up there bond became stronger.

I know it hurt Fabiano, when we sent Gina away to school at the age of 11year's old. We sent her to boarding school.

Fabiano was 20 year's old, but to see his face when she left. You would think that his heart was broken. The only time he came to life was when Gina came home on the school hoilday's.

When she came home after her mother's death. Fabiano was walking on air. Then one day she came home with her first boyfriend.

 I took my leave early. After talking to Gina to see how she felt about him. I knew Fabiano would want to talk to Toni and he did.

He told me he had spoken to Toni and he liked him. After that night they became friend's. They texted each other alot. I would see Fabiano laughing at something Toni had said.

I got my son's phone after he died. He had texted Toni a few minute's before his death asking him if they would like to go to the dance that night.

 I still can't believe he has gone. I can feel the tear's running down my face for my lost son.

Beppe's pov

I am standing in my bedroom. Dressed in black again. This time I'm going to my brother's funeral. I will miss Fab. So much,we were never really close. Not like him and Gina they were so close. I get the feeling that Gina wishes it was me.

Today I say goodbye to my brother, in 2 week's I'm marrying Elisa. I would like my sister there but, I don't think she will be there. As she doesn't think I'm giving enough time for our family to grieve  for Fab. I loved my brother and, I love her too.

Eva's pov

Today I say goodbye to my one and only love. I'm also carrying his child and this child will never know it's father.

I miss him so much. I need Gina to stay in touch with me. As she is my only link to Fabiano. They were so close. I feel part of him will alway's live in her.

She phoned last night and after talking to Benedetto. I spoke to her, she told me she was in Rome with Toni and his brother and sister in law. She told me she had got a beautiful dress she want's to show me, She sound's so happy with Toni.

I really like Toni but, I get this feeling that there is something about him. I don't know what it is. I know that he is cold and pale but that's not it. I can't put my finger on it. I look at the clock in the kitchen it's nearly time to say goodbye to Fab.