The Path To You.

Laurel

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Hermione asked. She had convinced the boys to visit Xenopheolis Lovegood, Luna's father. She thought that he may have some insight on this symbol that keeps popping up, one that she'd never seen before.

"I'm sure." I prompted. "I sent Draco another Patronus, and I'm waiting for a response."

"Malfoy can cast a Patronus? What is his? A ferret?" Ron jeered earning a scoffed chuckle from Harry. I tilted my head slightly to my left shoulder blade. A strand of curiosity lingered at the tip of my thoughts, but I shrugged off his comment by shaking my head. I didn't care to know about the connection between Draco and a ferret.

Not now at least, but perhaps someday I'll let the boys enlighten me on the matter.

"No," I replied. "He can't, but I told him where he could find me—"

"You told him where you were!?" Ron shouted. "Lo, that is perhaps one of the dumbest things you've ever done." He stated angrily. "The other two things include not only trusting Malfoy but marrying him."

"Why are you so pressed about my relationship with Draco, Ron?" I grinned. "Upset because you didn't get a chance with me like your friend here?" I nudged him while winking at Harry. Ron didn't find my teasing funny. Instead, the redhead scoffed and sat down at the table.

"I don't trust him." He stated. "He's one of them, Laurel. How are you so sure he won't turn you in? We all know Lucius Malfoy, and how he'll do anything to restore his family name. He's probably got Draco brainwashed to turn us all in. They're probably on their way now to capture us."

I rolled my eyes at the boy and sat on the seat opposite of him. "I trust Draco," I said calmly. I rested my hands on top of his. "I know you're worried that he's going to hurt me, but he won't. He wouldn't betray me. He loves me."

Ron responded with an eye roll and a nod. He stood up and next to Harry, and Hermione. Hermione reached into her bag and pulled out a galleon. She extended her hand and gave me the gold. I raised it to observe the coin only to realize that it was fake.

I raised a brow at her curiously.

"I cast a Protean Charm on it." She said informatively. "You can use it to call us if you need help. I made them during our fifth year when we formed Dumbledores Army. I used them to signal meetings to members. I want you to use it in case something happens, and you need us."

I stuck the coin in the pocket of my jeans and thanked her.

She rejoined the boys and stepped outside of the tent before apparating out of the woods.

I on the other hand decided that now would be a good time to catch up on some reading. Now that we know how to destroy a Horcrux, we must find where the remaining three are located.

If I had to guess, my money's on the snake. Every time I was around Voldemort, he's extremely protective of her. It was almost as if he valued her life more than his own at times. Voldemort has never once shown a compassionate side. Most often believe that he doesn't have one, but when I see him around that snake, I think otherwise. Something is off.

Or perhaps I've completely lost it, and he's nothing but a man who just owns a pet snake and carries her everywhere similar to the way Harry lugged Hedwig around up until her untimely death.

I promise, if I ever get the chance, I'd use the killing curse on whoever killed her. She was the best owl. When Harry and I were together, I would bring her treats in the owlery just as an excuse to get away from him seeing as his clinginess annoyed me, and I hated making Draco jealous during that time.