Temporary Fix.

Laurel

Grant walked me to my common room after our talk earlier. I was thankful for him at that moment. It felt good to talk to someone about it. I was an idiot for thinking he wouldn't say anything.

I also knew that I wouldn't have been able to hide in my room from everyone forever. Make up can only cover up so much, so I had to figure something else out.

I quickly remembered something I saw in Draco's room on his nightstand. It was a spell for covering up scars, blemishes, anything you didn't want seen on your skin for a temporary period of time.

I used the charm on my face and arm and sure enough, the bruises faded away, though the pain did not. I figured it would give me enough time to show my face at dinner so everyone would know I was alright.

Though, I did wonder why Draco had this spell written down. What was he using it for? What did he need it for?

My wrist was killing me. I probably should have gone to the hospital wing, but I couldn't face Madam Pomfrey. She'd have a bunch of questions that I wouldn't be able to answer truthfully. I could always try to mend it myself, but that could also backfire, inflicting even more pain.

I was about to get up to go to my room when the entrance to the common room opened revealing a very distraught Draco. He gave me a half nod and smile before walking into the direction of his room.

I wanted to talk to him. Not about what happened with Tommy, but just to hear his voice. Once he was out of my view, I let out a deep breath and left the common room without a destination in mind. I soon found myself making my way up to the Astronomy tower. Sure, it was cold, but I didn't care. I was already numb.

I had never been up here at night, it was beautiful. Well, from what I could see since it was dark, only the moonlight illuminating the sky and the grounds as it reflected off of the lake.

"Never thought I'd catch you up here." I heard someone speak.

I turned to see Draco standing there, inching closer to me with every step he took.

"Laurel, what happened to—"

Fuck. The vanishing charm must have worn off, and I left my wand in my room. "I—I fell down some stairs earlier." I lied. He came and sat down next to me and looked at my bare arms.

"Lo, it's freezing up here and you're without a jacket. You're turning blue. Except this part here." He says placing his fingers on my broken wrist. "It's black." I winced once he touched it and pulled it away.

"Tell me what really happened." He said throwing his jacket over me.

"It was just a misunderstanding. It won't happen again. He promised." I say refusing to make eye contact.

"What won't happen again?"

"Jeez, Draco. What do you want, for me to just come out and say it? Alright, fine. I will. Tommy raped me before the quidditch match. I slapped him, then he hit me back multiple times before having his way with me." The tears started falling from my face. Draco stood up, anger written across his face.

"Sit back down, you're not doing anything about it." I say pulling him back down. "Like I said, it's all a misunderstanding. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow, and things will be fine."

Draco

"You're not seriously going back to him, are you?"

"Everything will be fine, Draco. Don't worry."

I wanted to grab this girl and shake some sense into her, but she's already been through so much today. I didn't want to traumatize her anymore than I already have in the past. I stood back up again. "I can't believe how stupid you're being, Laurel." I spat. "I always thought you were smarter than this. You can't go back to him."

"Why? Because it means I can't be with you? Please, Draco. I—I've moved on. I suggest you do the same."

Yes.

And no.

"If that's the life you want to live, getting abused every single night of your life, then fine. So be it. But just know I would never do anything like that to you, and you know it." I stormed off. "Quit being such an uptight bitch and let me, Theo, or fuck, even Oliver handle it, please."

"No."

I scowled at the stubborn girl and walked away.

Laurel

It was the day before Christmas break. I was in the Great Hall standing with Theo when Draco joined us. We were discussing the plan for our return back to Malfoy Manor. "I'll only be there a day before I leave to go to—"

"You're not seriously going to that sods home for the holidays are you?"

"Why's it matter to you, mate? Are you not currently seeing Harper?" Theo jeered. Since our talk on the Astronomy Tower, Draco had taken my advice and started seeing someone else. It bothered me, sure, but he needed to move on. "I am, just don't like the guy. I think Laurel can do better."

I rolled my eyes when they laid on Tommy. "I'll catch up with you later." I said to Theo, completely ignoring Draco.

"What were you doing talking to Malfoy?" He asked once I was next to him.

"He was just trying to convince me to come to his house for break instead of yours."

Fuck, wrong thing to say. I had forgotten that I never mentioned to Tommy that both Theo and I currently reside at Malfoy Manor. Tommy nudged me out of the way before marching over to Draco.

This can't be good.

"What part of she has a boyfriend and is over you do you not understand, Malfoy?" Tommy yelled at him. I hurried over to try and defuse the confrontation. "She's happy with me. It's just getting more pathetic each and every day. I've seen the way you look at her. Like you're in love with her. Well guess what, she doesn't love you. She's coming home with me, get over it."

Draco looked to me and I quickly shook my head no. I knew what he was thinking, he was going to confront him about abuse.

"Did you let her finish speaking before you marched over here all high and mighty? She lives at my manor. Both she and Theo. I was trying to convince her to stay since my mother adores her."

Tommy now felt like an idiot. He rolled his eyes and grabbed me, and dragged me away from them. "Tommy, stop. You're hurting me." I cried him, but he tightened his grip.

He pulled me through the corridors until we reached an empty classroom. He locked and silenced the room shortly after closing the door.

"You're living at Malfoy Manor? Why is this the first I'm hearing about it, and from Malfoy himself?"

"I didn't think it mattered. Especially since I'm not going there, I'll be with you."

"Do you really think I'm going to let you get away with not telling me that? It does matter, Laurel. You're with him, your ex. I don't trust him."

He doesn't trust you either.

"Do you trust me?" I question. No reply. "Jealously doesn't look good on you, Tommy."

Slap.

"You are not to speak to me like that again. Especially in my own home. So tonight when we leave, you'll sit on the train with me, not those Slytherins, or anyone else, and you'll come to my house tomorrow morning after you've some spent time with your family and you'll come back to school with me."

I nodded and try to leave the room. "Oh, you aren't done here. You owe me for keeping something like that from me."