Daddy Issues.

Draco

One thing I picked up from Laurel was her American slang.

This summer holiday sucked.

Potter managed to get my father locked up in Azkaban. I hated him. Potter, not my father. Yes, my father was an arrogant arse who cared of nothing but his money, and blood purity, but he was my father. The man would do anything and everything he could for me.

Sure, there have been times where I may have come off as a disappointment to him, and he was not shy when it came to expressing his true feelings, but he never once said the words that I had disappointed him.

The day the news broke about his new living situation, I felt my world flip upside down. I didn't want to do anything besides scream. But I couldn't. Not without people questioning me and sticking their noses where they don't belong. So, instead, I dug my fist at a high impact into my stone wall.

I had studied enough to know the proper ways of healing myself, as it's not as easy to perform that sort of magic on one's self as it is another, but I managed, only leaving nothing but a few scrapes and scratches.

As much as I hate to say it, Pansy was there for me when this happened. She was there through my darkest days, and I greatly appreciated her for it.

I just wished it wasn't her.

This brings me to our explicit activates over the summer. The only bloody exciting thing I did was get my cock sucked by her on multiple occasions while I was drunk off my ass on fire whiskey, not that I'm bragging about the achievement, but what else was I supposed to do? I didn't want to submit myself to sex. Not with her. It just didn't feel right, not since I was with Laurel.

I wished I hadn't said the things I did. I should have just let her explain things and went from there. I knew it'd be hard for her, but it was even harder for me.

There were so many days I wished I could have wrote to her. I did in fact, I just couldn't bring myself to mail them. Instead, there's a stack of sealed envelopes in a locked drawer beside my bed.

I don't know what I was thinking by getting back together with Pansy. I'll never love her the way she wants me to. We aren't even together, I just allow her to believe that we are just so I can get pleasure, I don't even return the favor.

And it wasn't even good. I couldn't imagine Laurel performing the job even if I wanted to. She'd never accidentally bite me. She'd have me fighting the urge to do more.

You'd think Pansy would get the hint, but let's be real, we all know what she's really after. Pretty pathetic on her end if she thinks I'm going to let that happen. No way in hell will I let that psychopath mother my children, or inherit anything that belongs to my family. I wouldn't even grace her with having my family name. I would rather settle for one of the Greengrass'.

Not to say I haven't considered it either. Astoria has hinted that she's interested, and though the girl was stunningly gorgeous, I'm wasn't that desperate.

Today, like any other day, I was spending my time with Daphne, Theo, and Pansy, except instead of my or Pansy's place, we were at the Nott estate for a change.

It was strange to be sitting here. Ever since Theo's grandmother became ill, we haven't spent as much time here. His father usually runs him off to my house to keep him away.

I couldn't help but feel that there was much more to it than just the woman being sick though.

Something much deeper, and dangerous.

My eyes flashed to Theo when I had noticed the strange and peculiar behavior that he had been displaying. Normally, I wouldn't give a shit, but he couldn't sit still. He kept shifting in his seat.

"What are you thinking about?" His girlfriend asked him.

"Nothing." He replied sharply, visibly annoyed with the girl. Either she noticed, or she was too blinded to care.

If one thing is for certain, it's that I'm relieved that Daphne and Pansy have since made up and have become friends again.

In my opinion, they should just date each other. Theo and I could terminate the entire wizard and muggle population and those two would look at each of us like we were the greatest thing since discovering your a wizard.

Pathetic.

"Anyone want to go to Diagon Alley? My father pissed me off this morning and I'm itching to spend his money." Pansy broke the awkward silence.

Daphne and I both nodded and stood up to follow her to the floo so we could leave, but Theo didn't follow, instead, he walked off in a different direction.

"Nott, where are you going? Aren't you coming with us?" I asked, curious about his intentions.

"You guys go ahead, I need to take care of something."

I shrugged my shoulders, not caring enough to ask, and followed the girls towards the floo. They both went first and while they were leaving, I decided that I no longer wanted to go. Who wants to be that guy who goes shopping with two girls? Two girls that he doesn't particularly like to be specific, but just tolerates. Instead of going to the Alley, I went back home and told my mother I didn't want any visitors.

***

I was laying in my room when there was a knock at my door followed by my mother's voice.

"Draco,"

"Come in," I muttered enough for her to hear me.

The door creaked open revealing my mother with a displeased look on her face. I jumped up concerned.

I hate to admit it, but things without Lucius around here are sometimes better than when he isn't. I don't have to listen to console her every time he says something to upset her. He's never hit either of us, but there have been times I suspected he wanted to.

"What's happened?" I asked her.

She shook her head and looked to her feet.

"Darling, I know you and Laurel didn't exactly work out, but per the Dark Lord's request, she will be coming to live with us for a while."

Her mouth kept moving, but she was completely mute. I couldn't hear anything.

School starts back up in less than a week. I can avoid her until then, right?

Theo told me she's been in the states all summer. I wonder if she got back together with that pesky American boyfriend she had when she came here. If so, I hope she thought about me everytime he touched her, kissed her, fucked her.

I should have mailed those letters.

No.

I never should have let her slip away to begin with.