Interception.

Draco

It was a long night to say the least. After I was sure she was asleep, I snuck out. I didn't want to leave her, but I knew if Harper woke up and I wasn't there, she'd go snooping.

Once I heard Laurel enter the floo and leave to Rosenburg's house, I entered the dining room to join my mother, Theo and Harper who were at the breakfast table.

Theo was scarfing down fried strips of pig fat as if he hadn't eaten in days while Harper was picking her scone apart. It was rather rude if you ask me, but she's probably just one of those girls who is scared to eat in front of guys.

I don't know why girls were ashamed to do that. There no issue with it in my eyes. Laurel would scarf down some food in front of me with no shame at all.

"So, Harper..." My mother began. I didn't give her many details about Harper before bringing her home apart from she was a seventh year Slytherin. "What is it you see in my son?"

Great, here we go.

"He's just amazing." Harper smiled in my direction. I force a smile back. Honestly, the only reason that I'm with her is for sex, and to occupy my mind from Laurel. It isn't working.

The sex sucks because I cannot perform well. I don't want to. No matter how hard I try to get off, I can't. She just doesn't get things going the way Laurel does. It's starting to feel wrong.

"Well, I only want what's best for him, so I assume you're treating him right?" My mother asks.

"Absolutely, Mrs. Malfoy. I wouldn't dare hurt him."

My mother smiled at the girl before turning to me. "Draco, darling? Would you accompany me into your fathers study in a brief moment. I need to speak to you about a rather private matter." I nodded and stood up following her to the room.

When we entered, she closed the door behind her.

"I'd have to say, Draco, I'd much rather prefer the Parkinson girl. I hope you don't plan on keeping her around, because I can see straight through her act." She frowned. "I thought we raised you differently. Your father and I want your happiness to soar, but you need to be mindful of the young women you bring home. They're all after one thing. Our name."

"She's just...temporary, mother." I laughed. My mother was right. I needed to be more careful. I should have never brought Harper home or even started something with her to begin with. This will not end well. I just hoped Laurel would get jealous. It isn't working.

But maybe it is. If she didn't care about me then she wouldn't have allowed me to wind up in her bed last night, right?

"Good. How are things between you and Laurel? I assume the pair of you are still friends at least?" I nodded. Maybe I should tell my mother about Tommy. I know my mother would certainly have a few things to say about it and maybe put Laurels mind into a reality check.

"Something is off about her, Draco. I sensed it this morning when I was chatting with her."

"It's her boyfriend. He's a bit of a narcissist." I would know, I'm one too. "But she doesn't want Theo or anyone to know."

"So, she told you this?"

"Yes. I've confronted her about it, but I think she's scared to leave him."

"Do you love her?" She asks.

I hesitate, but slowly nod. "How did you—"

She took in a deep breath. Was she disappointed? Angry? Upset?

"Draco, I've known you for nearly seventeen years now. I can read every expression that your face makes without having to ask for confirmation. I see the way you look at her when she walks into a room. Your eyes are glued to her. Its the same way your father and I both look each other."