Toxic.

Laurel

"Laurel, where are we going?" Daphne asked with an heeping amount fear in her curious voice. I wanted to explore London since I've never been.

"We're going shopping, obviously." I reminded her.

"In the muggle world though, Laurel. What if something happens? I've never been in the muggle world without my parents." She worried. I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so afraid, Daph. I've shopped in the muggle world many times. By myself I might add. We will be fine." I told her. She let out a sigh. She really didn't have a choice. I was dragging her along with me either way.

"Can't Theo join us? I'd feel much safer if he tagged along."

"Fine." I conceded. She smiled and ran upstairs to get him. Moments later when she returned with a mildly annoyed Theo. I assumed it was because he didn't want to be stuck following two girls around while they shopped. That or he was writing down his deepest explicit fantasies that he wanted to act out one day.

Since we were too young to apparate, and couldn't use a floo to get into the muggle world, we took a car service. The three of us didn't have a drivers license. If I were still living in America, I would get mine by the end of the year. I think all wizards should at least learn to drive. It would most definitely allow them to blend in more.

Luckily, Nana was one step ahead of us and already had a driver ready to take us.

We arrived at Westfield Mall in London and the first place we stopped at was a coffee shop. Daphne nor Theo ever had muggle made coffee, and they both seemed pretty pleased by the idea, yet disgusted at the same time.

I ordered three vanilla lattes for the three of us to indulge in, when Theo excused himself to the restroom, leaving me alone with Daphne.

She kept her eyes pealed, worrying that someone was going to know we were different, and expose us, and get us kicked up in Azkaban.

"I'm too pretty for prison, Laurel!" She cried quietly. "Wizard prisons are far more different than muggle prisons. They...they suck your soul out leaving you practically lifeless until you die."

I fought the urge to reach across the table and slap her, but I didn't want to draw attention.

"Get a grip, Daphne." I growled. "We're going to be fine. You're fretting over nothing."

While we continued to sit at our tiny table waiting for Theo to return, I happened to glance up up and see him talking to a couple of girls.

They didn't look familiar, so I had the right to assume they didn't attend Hogwarts. Daphne noticed me looking displeased and turned to see what I was looking at, and allowed her face to fall to the floor when she saw Theo casually flirting with the girls as though his girlfriend wasn't a few feet away.

The disrespect he had for her blew my mind. Every day he talks about how he has this beautiful girlfriend, but later that night screamed things up. I mean, if you aren't happy, then just say that and move on.

"Come on." I said standing up marching over to my brother.

One of the girls offered me a fake smile when I approached them. Theo turned to face me. He was smiling from their conversation which immediately disappeared once he realized I was standing next to him.

"What?" He spat in his thick English accent.

"You know what." I replied, raising my eyebrows and nodded in the direction of the females opposite of him.

"Back off, sweetie. I saw him first." The girl said. I gawked at her and dramatically pulled my head back, and blinked.

"Here we go." Theo muttered under his breath.