Trust.

Laurel

The following morning, Draco got me up to speed with everything Potions-related. He had said they studied Amortentia and Veritaserum while I was gone. I wish I could have been there for that. I would happily slip some into Draco's morning pumpkin juice and ask him about this girl.

The two of us walked out of the common room, down the hall to the classroom where I took a seat next to him. Moments later, our fellow peers and classmates joined us. I was reading over Draco's notes when I heard a female's voice interrupt my thoughts.

"Excuse me, but that's my seat." She says. I looked up and looked around before looking back at the girl.

"Are you talking to me?" I perplexed.

"Who else would I be talking to? Draco, tell her to move."

Taken back at her words, I turned to Draco who looked noticeably uncomfortable, and then it clicked. "This is your seat?" I asked, and she nodded.

"That's why I said it." I let out a slight laugh and smiled at the girl.

"Well, this is my boyfriend," I inform her, resting my head on Draco's shoulder and rubbed my hand on his inner thigh.

The girl scoffed in disgust. "Funny, he didn't mention a girlfriend last night when he was with me." I froze, suddenly feeling too tired to fight with the girl.

"I see." I stood up and walked towards the door to leave the class, feeling completely humiliated. I was embarrassed. Mortified. Angry.

"Lo, wait!" I hear Draco call out. He grabbed my wrist when he caught up to me, causing me to fight him off.

"Don't you dare touch me."

"Lo, I promise, nothing happened. We just studied! In the library might I add. With witnesses!" He tried convincing me. I wasn't sure if I should believe him or not, but I wanted to. I turned to him and shook my head in disbelief.

"Draco,"

"Laurel, please." he pleaded again stepping towards me. I held my hand up motioning him to stop. "Is something the matter? You've been acting rather odd since you've returned."

"Draco, I—I can't do this anymore," I said motioning between the two of us. "I'm sorry," I said before running off back towards the common room.

I ran straight to my room, locking the door behind me as it closed. I began to break down. He deserved an explanation. He didn't deserve this. I felt as if the cruciatus curse was being used on me as this was absolute torture.

I wanted to tell him what my actual reasons were, but I couldn't. The Dark Lord was clear. I had to make Harry Potter fall in love with me, and I can't do that with Draco in the picture. I know he didn't do anything with that girl, and it hurts to think that now he actually might.

He'll understand in time. Our lives, our future depended on it. Depended on me.