Collapse.

Third Person

Things haven't exactly been smooth sailing for Laurel Nott since she had returned to school for the second half of term. With careful consideration, and the support of her closest friends, and family, the ultimate decision for her to return home for a short amount of time was made.

It wasn't that she didn't want to be at school, but being surrounded by the memories that were turned sour by one particular Ravenclaw boy lingered on her scarred mind.

"Laurel, dear." Her Nana chimed in to her room first thing in the morning. Laurel sat upon the cushioned windowsill, watching the raindrops fall down the window from the gloomy sky. "Laurel." Her grandmother spoke again, this time more firmly, getting her attention.

Laurel turned her blank, expressionless face towards the elderly woman, wishing she would just leave her alone. "Sweetheart, it's time." The woman informed her. Laurel knew what this meant. She simply nodded her head and began to walk towards the door when the sound of an owl's beak pecked on the window.

"I'll be just a moment, Nana." She told the woman.

She walked over to the window to allow her feathered friend inside. Attached to one of his legs was a letter marked "Urgent!" from her brother. She wondered what could be so important that her brother since she just saw him a couple of days ago before her leaving.

She gave the grey owl a tiny treat and allowed him to come into her room to get out of the rain as he rested upon the perch that was placed against the wall, and flapped the water off of his wings.

She tore the envelope open to read the letter. Laurel's mood was already a bit sour from being at home. She hated that she and Draco were finally where they both wanted to be, and she had to be away from him. Away from the one person who in her whole life had made her feel safe and protected.

Or so she thought. Her face turned bitter when she read Theo's letter informing her of her boyfriend's new friend. "That bastard," Laurel muttered to herself, already plotting how she'd hex him into the next century once she returned to school tomorrow. But that planning and plotting would have to wait, as she had a guest she had to entertain who was just waiting in the dining room.

Laurel trudged her, tired, weak limbs through the cold halls of the Nott Estate. The paintings on the wall we're looking down upon her as they knew what was about to happen. She entered the dining room to see her father, grandmother, and none other than the Dark Lord himself.

"Laurel, darling." Her father greeted. "Please, sit." He instructed. She obliged her father's request and took the seat opposite of him. She wanted to greet the Dark Lord herself but was terrified to speak unless spoken to. She knew what he was capable of.

"Laurel," Voldemort hissed with his snake-like dialect. "I think it's time you knew the truth."

"About?" The young blonde inquired. The tall cloaked man snickered and smirked.

"Your mother, Colette." He paused. He had her full, undivided attention. "I killed her, and before you ask why, I'm going to tell you."

Laurel sat attentively as she awaited for him to open up about the facts of her poor mothers fate.

"It was a cold, wet evening October. The day before my unfortunate downfall. She had come to me and expressed her concerns about her children surviving throughout the war. She feared that if she needed to fight, no one would be there to protect them. I loosely promised that you and your weak brother would be fine if she sought out the whereabouts of the Potters. She refused. So I killed her. So now, I have a task for you."

Laurel gulped nervously as she felt trapped. She resented the being that sat before her. Not only for killing her mother, but for ripping her away from her family. For causing the boy she loves deeply to join him in his quest for world domination. Her mind was at a standstill. "What might this task be, my Lord?" She inquired from the Dark Lord.

A devilish smirk crept upon his hideous face.

"I want Harry Potter dead, but he knows I'm coming for him which means he's probably preparing for the fight of his life. Your job is to distract him."

"And how would you suggest I do that, my Lord? He's quite focused on his studies, and with Dumbledore around..."

"You don't worry about Dumbledore. I've already got someone else taking care of that situation." He informed the girl. She wasn't quite sure what he meant by that, she just hoped it didn't involve Draco, or Theo in any way shape or form. "You my dear will make him fall in love with you."

"Dumbledore?" She questioned. "He's a bit old for me—"

"No, you imbecile. Harry Potter. You will make him fall in love with you."

"And if im unsuccessful?"

"Let's just say if you want young Draco to survive, you'll see to it that this happens."