Chapter 18: I love you

Lucky's POV

"Can we go to the beach?" Athena turns her attention away from the movie playing. "Yeah, just us?" I ask about seeing Santos in a deep conversation with Leo.

"Yeah they'll be fine together, we'll just get them food on the way back" I smile at him as we make our way out of the living room going to the car.

Driving off I pull down the windows letting the breeze hit us as we make our way to our favorite spot. I spot the velvet box in the door of my side of the car making me more nervous.

I'm not even proposing today. I don't know why I'm so nervous. "Amore" She cuts off my thinking bringing my attention to her. "Bambina" I place my hand on her thigh as she traces the ink on my knuckles. "Do you think this vacation will be calming?" I hope I'll do anything so that she can finally relax.

"Yeah bambina I think it'll be a great distraction from everything going on" I reassured her by pulling up into the empty parking lot.

Getting out of the car I feel at peace hearing the waves crash against the sand. We sit on the sand soaking up the calming feeling. She puts her head on my shoulder as if on instinct I wrap my arms around her.

We stay quiet looking at the stars enjoying the comfortable silence. My heart beats out of my chest as I kiss her forehead. "I love you baby" I whisper in her ear as she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Before you say anything else I meant it. I love with you everything I have in my body. Since the day I saw you in October I've been in love with you. The way your eyes light up when you do something you're passionate about or you have no care in the world when you're having fun. The way you look at peace while sleeping. Every little thing about you is a better reason to fall in love with you. You are the only person I've felt this much love for. You are my only love and first love. This is yours just until I replace it with an engagement ring.

I promise till the last breath I take I will protect you. I don't know what to do without you. You're addicted and I can never get enough. I always want more. I love you with my whole heart" I tell her as tears come up in her eyes smiling at me.

I place the promise ring on her finger kissing her hand. She wraps her arms around my neck. I pull her on my lap and she wraps her legs around my waist. "I love you more Amore" She looks me in eyes

smiling, wiping her tears. "I love everything about you. The second I saw you I felt things I haven't felt in a long time. The way you don't care about how I can annoy you, you entertain my crazy moments, you help me with little things without thinking twice. The way your eyes tell a story without even saying anything. They way you get more comfortable when I rub your hair or back. You make me complete Lucky '' She tells me, bringing a smile to my face.

My heart burst as I placed a passionate kiss on her lips. She returns it back smiling into the kiss. I knew I would scare her if I told her the moment I saw her but it was worth the wait.

She's worth everything and more. The minute she asks for something even as a joke she'll get it. She cares so much about people she's close to I don't know how anyone could ever get enough of her. "I want a cannolis," she says, breaking the kiss, earning a laugh from me.

"What are we waiting for then cannolis here we come" I help her stand up as we walk to the car.

Athena's POV

Lucky places his hand on my thigh as I trace the ink on his hands. The ring shines against the moonlight. "Look in the inside of the ring" He never takes his eyes off the road. I slip the ring off looking at the engraving.

la chiave del mio cuore per sempre e sempre (the key to my heart forever and always)

I put the ring back on my finger intertwining our hands again. "I love it Amore" I earned a smile from him. I could never compare how I feel with him to how I felt with Marco. Lucky gives me a reason to come home every night. He gives me a reason to be alive.

Before meeting Lucky I felt as if my life had no purpose. I was a wasted soul waiting for death. I didn't care to die now, it's one of my biggest fears. The fear of leaving him I spent so long not caring about death to feel terrified but just thought it out.

He pulls up to a small bakery shutting off the car. He rushes to my side to open the door, not even letting me unlock it.

"salve, come posso aiutarla?" (Hello, how can I help you?) An elderly woman asks from behind the counter as we walk in.

"buonasera signora posso per favore avere due scatole di cannoli e altre due scatole di bombolone" (good evening ma'am can I please get two boxes of cannolis and another two boxes of bombolone) Lucky asks her as I sit on one of the stools.

She lets him know that it'll be out as soon as possible and she stands in between my legs. "I love when you speak Italian. Your voice is husky and deep but god your accent is everything" I tell him earning a deep chuckle from him.

"I can say the same for you bambina except the deep voice part and husky. It's more badass especially when you're mad" He rubs the side of my thighs bringing butterflies to my stomach.

It reminds me of the first night I met him. Just his voice alone was enough to bring thousands of butterflies to my stomach. I got to thank Mia for bringing me and Enzo for dragging me out of bed.

I probably wouldn't have met Lucky for a while longer without their help. I think we were always supposed to meet if not at the club the night his parents came over for dinner or even just a time at the beach.

"Guarda come sono innamorati, mi ricorda quando eravamo giovani." [Look at how in love they are it reminds me of when we were young] The elderly woman says holding her husband's hand makes me smile at them and Lucky.

"Penso che entrambi speriamo di finire come voi un giorno" [I think we both hope to end up like you both one day] I don't want to think of a world without Lucky because then there's no home and without a home I'm just a person between four walls.

The woman puts the food on the counter as Lucky starts to pull out his wallet. "No, per favore, è la casa che passate entrambi una bella serata" [No please it's in the house you both have a great evening] the elderly man smiles at us waving Lucky off.

Lucky still places a couple of tens on the counter before we walk out. The drive back to the house is full of comfortable silence. "You're already forgiven, you brought me food," Santos says as we get out of the car, seeing the boxes.

"Food? I'm hungry, I want food" Leo says, running to grab the boxes. Between Santo and Leo that'll be gone before we can even get in the house.

The house is still clean, wow they didn't destroy the place. They are eating all the food though. "You dicks save me some" I tell them as their faces are full of crumbs. "Here you go" Leo says, handing me a plate talking with his mouth full.

Disgusting I swear I really wonder about his age sometimes. How is he older than me? I started eating the food and lord it is amazing. I eat the food quicker than I thought but get full right away. "Good night guys, I'm tired" I tell them walking up stairs.

They both yell a good night back and I fall into Lucky's arms. "2 weeks of no stress I can't wait." I tell Lucky as he pulls me closer into his chest. "Yeah we'll pack tomorrow right now you need sleep"

"I love you Amore"

"I love you Bambina"

----

Hey guys! 

Thank you so much for 5k reads 

Ahh I can't believe it 

Thank you for all the votes and comments as well <3

-Yaniris0919